Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Polisher Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 09:03 PM
bavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to all
Polisher Question

Ok, so pro detailing products are not widely available in my local area stores. I went to Canadian Tire in search of a polisher and all they had was the Simoniz 7" right angle polisher. First is this a random orbital or a rotary? All the box says is right angle polisher/sander. It comes with a rubber/velcro backing pad and a 1" foam pad that im guessing you put the terry cloth pads over, has a speed dial from 1-6 and states RPM is 600-3000.

Will this tool work for an amateur detailer or should return it? From searching on this forum i noticed most are using yellow, orange and white pads, will these work on this tool? because im guessing terry cloth pads are probably only good for the guy who wants to do a basic job on his Neon?

Lastly, where in the Toronto, Canada area can I find products like Menz, PS21 and other high performance products?

Thanks, D

Old 06-21-2009, 12:11 AM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
I would pass on that and pick up the Porter cable 7424xp.

we have them in stock.

its a much better tool.

we do ship to Canada.

LMK.

Old 06-21-2009, 12:12 AM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
Old 06-22-2009, 07:39 AM
D!Tailed is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by detailersdomain
I would pass on that and pick up the Porter cable 7424xp.

we have them in stock.

its a much better tool.

we do ship to Canada.

LMK.
I agree.

D!

Old 06-22-2009, 07:00 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
If your budget allows, your best bet would be a FLEX polisher. It's a bit of an investment, however, it's something you'll buy once and it will save you loads of time and get you results that are pretty close to a high-speed rotary but without the risk.

Here's a great kit, with everything you'll need to get started, at a discounted price:

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...sh-Kits/Detail

Old 06-22-2009, 07:38 PM
bavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to all
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
If your budget allows, your best bet would be a FLEX polisher. It's a bit of an investment, however, it's something you'll buy once and it will save you loads of time and get you results that are pretty close to a high-speed rotary but without the risk.

Here's a great kit, with everything you'll need to get started, at a discounted price:

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...sh-Kits/Detail
Thanks for the info Moe, I placed an order already for the new PC7424 kit from Detailers Domain. Hopefully it does the job, seemed like a good value for the money.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:11 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bavorak
Thanks for the info Moe, I placed an order already for the new PC7424 kit from Detailers Domain. Hopefully it does the job, seemed like a good value for the money.
The new PC should do the trick...let us know how it worked out.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:55 PM
99C2 is infamous around these parts
Hi Moe:

I am still going to order the kit from you as soon as I can. Just letting you know..

99C2

Old 07-01-2009, 09:10 PM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by 99C2
Hi Moe:

I am still going to order the kit from you as soon as I can. Just letting you know..

99C2
Thank you Sir...look forward to earning your business