Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

best drying towel?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 01:42 PM
Jean Claude is infamous around these parts
As long as there are no rough edges(relative term here) and new any microfiber works for me.

On paint correction I have used $1 microfibers and had great results.

Imho, waffle weave is more hype than a huge advance.

*well...I do like to use thicker and/or bigger microfiber towels when drying a freshly washed car.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:09 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jean Claude
As long as there are no rough edges(relative term here) and new any microfiber works for me.

On paint correction I have used $1 microfibers and had great results.

Imho, waffle weave is more hype than a huge advance.

*well...I do like to use thicker and/or bigger microfiber towels when drying a freshly washed car.
I notice waffle-weave towels that are non-foam core help remove polish much better than the regular mf towels. They aren't as thick and have just enough bite to get the polish off without scratching the paint.

As for the foam-core waffle weave towels, they are much more absorbent than a regular mf towel. I'm assuming it has to do with the foam core. So, I guess I don't consider that a hype, rather, using each towel for a specific function. Just my 2 cents.

Old 10-19-2009, 04:52 PM
Jean Claude is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
I notice waffle-weave towels that are non-foam core help remove polish much better than the regular mf towels. They aren't as thick and have just enough bite to get the polish off without scratching the paint.

As for the foam-core waffle weave towels, they are much more absorbent than a regular mf towel. I'm assuming it has to do with the foam core. So, I guess I don't consider that a hype, rather, using each towel for a specific function. Just my 2 cents.
Different folks different strokes.