Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

best drying towel?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 05:16 PM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
best drying towel?

whats the best drying tool to use on a car, BESIDES a blower.. I have used the water sprite, the absorber.. both work well... not sure if they scratch the paint or not.. but wanted to see what others are using that might be better..

thanks

Last edited by boca996tt; 07-09-2009 at 05:21 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:13 PM
schadenfreude is infamous around these parts
I use a Griot's waffle weave towel. Does the job pretty well, but you might need 3 for a larger car like the RR. I'm getting a second for the M3 so I can switch off once the first starts getting heavy to minimize the chance of scratches.

Old 07-09-2009, 06:37 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by boca996tt
whats the best drying tool to use on a car, BESIDES a blower.. I have used the water sprite, the absorber.. both work well... not sure if they scratch the paint or not.. but wanted to see what others are using that might be better..

thanks
These towels are great because you wash them each time and use a clean towel every time you dry your car. It's a high quality microfiber towel that has a soft foam core sandwiched in between. Two will dry an average car with ease.

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...Core%2C/Detail

Last edited by MoeMistry; 07-09-2009 at 08:44 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:23 PM
ZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant futureZaneO has a brilliant future
Quality waffle weave microfiber.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:06 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
I know you said "besides a blower." Not sure if this qualifies...it's an attachment for a blower:

Last edited by bbywu; 07-09-2009 at 10:08 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:32 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bbywu
I know you said "besides a blower." Not sure if this qualifies...it's an attachment for a blower:
Ideally you'd use a forced blower like an airmax...however, the waffle weave microdrying towels won't scratch the finish provided you're using a clean towel on a paint surface that's properly washed. Blowers work the best, provided you have a nice coat of wax on the car; then the water simply flies off the car

Old 07-10-2009, 02:53 AM
TOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to behold
Waffle Weave Towel (Piqué) - is a synthetic micro fibre woven with a dimpled pattern, which provides thousands of small pockets to trap dirt or grit. The absorbency of these towels is quite remarkable; they are able to hold seven or eight times their weight in water. when they are wet they’re very soft and super absorbent, and glide easily over the surface, the ‘pockets’ in the weave ‘hold’ any dirt or surface debris unlike some other super absorbing products that trap dirt between the towel and paint surface with the potential to cause serious scratches (never use it when it’s dry as it can potentially scratch) That goes for whatever you use for drying, including cotton towels. Ensure that the towel is really wet and then wring it out thoroughly before using.

Old 07-10-2009, 05:06 AM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
redmax8001

Old 07-10-2009, 06:44 AM
Dan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura about
PakShak waffle weave.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:24 AM
Premium Sponsor
Here's a link to a special we're running on the drying cloths...

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...ing-Kit/Detail

Old 07-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Stockton is just really niceStockton is just really niceStockton is just really niceStockton is just really nice
I dry with a cotton terry towel for a first pass and then finish with a microfiber towel. I need to try by the waffles, though!

And, NO ONE uses a SHAM WOW?! You know those things are made in Germany and Germans make good stuff!

Last edited by Stockton; 07-10-2009 at 08:47 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:12 PM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by Stockton
I dry with a cotton terry towel for a first pass and then finish with a microfiber towel. I need to try by the waffles, though!

And, NO ONE uses a SHAM WOW?! You know those things are made in Germany and Germans make good stuff!
LOL

I'd avoid using the cotton towel...it traps and hold dirt and you simply drag it around. Try the waffle towels we are discussing...you'll love them.

Old 07-11-2009, 06:11 PM
Stockton is just really niceStockton is just really niceStockton is just really niceStockton is just really nice
Yeah, I'm about to do an order with you. Need some of to waffle towels and I also am going to need of some other stuff. I'll call you to discuss next week.

Old 07-11-2009, 07:06 PM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by Stockton
Yeah, I'm about to do an order with you. Need some of to waffle towels and I also am going to need of some other stuff. I'll call you to discuss next week.
Thanks for the opportunity....look forward to hearing from you.

Old 07-11-2009, 09:18 PM
fallen612 is infamous around these parts
i have oversized microfibers i got at target it think. got like 5 or 6 of them and i use them on my dads 335i and my S2000. work great. use the old ones to get the standing water off and then the newer ones(more absorbent, being new) to get all the water off. always worked great for me!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: best drying towel?