Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Detail Issue with Rear Windshield!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 04:19 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C4SxM5
another part of my confusion is why aren't the dots any where else, just one small section of the glass...
That's why I think it's an acid of some sort. Detailers often use an acid solution to clean really bad wheels that have heavy brake dust. Someone may have confused that spray bottle for the glass cleaner. Either way, you would have noticed that prior to dropping it off. The detail shop should step up and take care of this for you.

Old 08-10-2009, 04:21 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gm3184
its the shower of sparks affect.
I'm not sure if that's the case here...his is only isolated on the glass. If your theory was correct, there would be the same marks on the paint as well.

Old 08-11-2009, 05:31 AM
StrutMotors is infamous around these parts
Definitely looks like some kind of chemical reaction. If it is due to acid, for the etching to reach that extent it would have had to be highly concentrated and left to sit undisturbed for a considerable amount of time. I don't think it could be due to sparks from metal grinding, those embers usually cool within a fraction of second- a tech can basically shower in them without any harm to himself or clothing.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:25 PM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
what was the outcome ?

Old 11-03-2009, 08:18 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
the detailer wouldn't own up to it and i ended up selling the car to another member so hopefully he had better luck than i did. lesson learned, make sure to do a thorough walk around after leaving the car with anyone.

Old 11-04-2009, 05:54 AM
Banned
Got_Leather is infamous around these parts
Another reason why a private, and well known detailer will always work out best I still wonder what it could of been...

Old 02-07-2010, 08:54 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Thought I'd chime in here. I bought C4SxM5's car. The etching is still there. Upon closer inspection, the spots are on the outside of the glass. I can feel the marks when I gently rub a finger across the windshield. At first, it didn't really bother me as I thought you could only see it in certain light. But of course, now I know it's there, I see it all the time.

If a windshield replacement is the only fix, I suppose I'll just live with it rather than pay what is surely a hefty price tag for new glass. Any other ideas?