Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Piano Black swirls in a Bentley GTC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 06:20 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Piano Black swirls in a Bentley GTC

I purchased a Bentley GTC with piano black veneers. The car has 5200 miles on it and has swirls in the veneer and a few minor scratches. I would appreciate any advice on removing the swirls and scratches.

Old 08-23-2009, 10:06 AM
lidojuagon is a name known to alllidojuagon is a name known to alllidojuagon is a name known to alllidojuagon is a name known to alllidojuagon is a name known to alllidojuagon is a name known to all
This website gives a how-to on detailing and fixing the swirls. I'm sure there are plenty of folks to do it for you, but it shows you what needs to be done.

http://www.autogeek.net/detailingtips.html

Old 08-23-2009, 10:55 AM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
Duffy...man you are in my head...there are swirls on the one I'm thinking of buying and was going to post here if it's a big deal to fix...clearly it happens fairly easily as it's a brand new car...probably just from the salesman dusting it...

Old 08-23-2009, 11:59 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats Duffy. The situtation you speak of can easily be remedied with a minor polishing. Try using a mild paint cleanser like zymol hd or swissvax cleaner fluid. If that doesn't do it, step it up to Menzerna Super Finish. You can use a microfiber applicator to do all of this. Once all the panels are swirl-free, apply a good wax and you're all set.

Old 08-23-2009, 03:47 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
Congrats Duffy. The situtation you speak of can easily be remedied with a minor polishing. Try using a mild paint cleanser like zymol hd or swissvax cleaner fluid. If that doesn't do it, step it up to Menzerna Super Finish. You can use a microfiber applicator to do all of this. Once all the panels are swirl-free, apply a good wax and you're all set.
Thanks Moe - Please put together a package that an extreme amateur like myself can use safely. Post or pm me and I will place the order. You should have my shipping info. The worst area is the console. The car has keyless start and I think the previous owner put the keys on the console and let them slid around. Can't use any kind of machine on the console. The rest of the veneer just has the swirls. If after getting the "kit" I still feel uncomfortable, I may have the veneer removed by the dealer (if economically feasible) and then I will ship to you for reconditioning if you are interested.

Old 08-23-2009, 05:32 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
Thanks Moe - Please put together a package that an extreme amateur like myself can use safely. Post or pm me and I will place the order. You should have my shipping info. The worst area is the console. The car has keyless start and I think the previous owner put the keys on the console and let them slid around. Can't use any kind of machine on the console. The rest of the veneer just has the swirls. If after getting the "kit" I still feel uncomfortable, I may have the veneer removed by the dealer (if economically feasible) and then I will ship to you for reconditioning if you are interested.
Sounds good Duffy; I'll email you the kit info. If the polish doesn't work, I'd be happy to care for the part once they're removed.

Can you post some picutres when you get a chance?

Old 08-31-2009, 09:11 PM
Banned
Got Wax is infamous around these parts
Bob at Auto Concierge is the man for this type of stuff!! He is a valuable resource for most anything out of the ordinary. You can find him on most detailing forums.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:27 PM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
Do you have any cleaner wax? I found 1Z metalic works great on interior trim. I use it to clean CF trim, works great & it's easy.