Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Mr. Clean AutoDry Car Wash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 02:11 AM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
Mr. Clean AutoDry Car Wash

I noticed that this car wash product hasn't been covered. Just wondering what some peoples opinions of this product are...

It has a filter for the water, and special soap that when used in conjunction is supposed to give you a no-spot wash, with no drying required...

Old 08-29-2009, 09:23 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 996TTDave
I noticed that this car wash product hasn't been covered. Just wondering what some peoples opinions of this product are...

It has a filter for the water, and special soap that when used in conjunction is supposed to give you a no-spot wash, with no drying required...
It's one of those products that's good in theory, but not in practice. It's simply a pur water filter in the nozzle and the nozzle houses the soap as well. I've used it a few times before to see what it can do. You rinse your car, spray the soap on the car, use a wash mitt to agitate the soap and clean the car, rinse with water, and then turn the dial and rinse with the "filtered" water.

Couple of problems. The soap is very strong. After one wash, it stripped off all the wax and the paint no longer had beading action. Second, the pur filter is so small, you basically have to trickle the water on the car to make it effective. And you'll probably get about 2-3 rinses out of the filter before it has to be changed.

For someone wanting something very quick and easy it's an OK tool. You will still get spotting and you can't simply let it air dry. Nothing to this day can take the place of a simple hand wash with some good products.

Old 08-29-2009, 06:02 PM
Dan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura about
Get the CR Spotless system.

Old 08-29-2009, 09:43 PM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
It's one of those products that's good in theory, but not in practice. It's simply a pur water filter in the nozzle and the nozzle houses the soap as well. I've used it a few times before to see what it can do. You rinse your car, spray the soap on the car, use a wash mitt to agitate the soap and clean the car, rinse with water, and then turn the dial and rinse with the "filtered" water.

Couple of problems. The soap is very strong. After one wash, it stripped off all the wax and the paint no longer had beading action. Second, the pur filter is so small, you basically have to trickle the water on the car to make it effective. And you'll probably get about 2-3 rinses out of the filter before it has to be changed.

For someone wanting something very quick and easy it's an OK tool. You will still get spotting and you can't simply let it air dry. Nothing to this day can take the place of a simple hand wash with some good products.
Hmm i had no idea about the soap being so strong - I use the soap and water separate when i clean my wheels - I'll make sure not to clean my car with it...

Old 08-30-2009, 10:21 PM
chardonet is infamous around these partschardonet is infamous around these parts

Moe was extremely professional in his response. I will get to the point: Don't waste your money on it nor all of the replacement filters you will need. Buy the CR Spotless system.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:51 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by chardonet
Moe was extremely professional in his response. I will get to the point: Don't waste your money on it nor all of the replacement filters you will need. Buy the CR Spotless system.
I didn't want to put the product down...there's a market for everyone. Nothing wrong with that.

But to reiterate what everyone has said, the CR is the only system on the market that works as advertised and is portable and small.

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...High%2C/Detail

Old 09-01-2009, 08:50 AM
fairway551 is infamous around these parts
My experience is consistent with the comments above. The Mr. Clean system is simply too small and the flow rate is too low to give spotless results. Also, the soap provided with the system leaves a film on glass that is very noticeable in humid weather.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:47 PM
I didn't want to put the product down...there's a market for everyone. Nothing wrong with that.

But to reiterate what everyone has said, the CR is the only system on the market that works as advertised and is portable and small.

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...High%2C/Detail
Moe, I'm confused about the different models of the CR Spotless system and which one would be right for me - the wall mounted unit and the unit without wheels are off the list, but of the 2 models, (one with the larger tanks and one with the smaller tanks) which one would make more sense? I wash my 360 once a week and that's basically it... Any advice?

I was drying my car just two days ago, and 5 minutes into the dry i was thinking... There's got to be a better way then this.... It's exhausting and the water in the cracks and crevices is never ending!

Thanks!

Old 09-02-2009, 09:21 PM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
I just went to Home Depo & get a 2 stage water filter & softner, it cost me just about $100 & the filters last a very, very long time. over a year for the filter, & about 6 mo for the softner.

Very little water pressure loss from it, I'd say 5-10%. You can just just move the tops to shut it off.

Old 09-02-2009, 11:20 PM
Premium Sponsor
Moe, I'm confused about the different models of the CR Spotless system and which one would be right for me - the wall mounted unit and the unit without wheels are off the list, but of the 2 models, (one with the larger tanks and one with the smaller tanks) which one would make more sense? I wash my 360 once a week and that's basically it... Any advice?

I was drying my car just two days ago, and 5 minutes into the dry i was thinking... There's got to be a better way then this.... It's exhausting and the water in the cracks and crevices is never ending!

Thanks!
Go with the larger unit. Not only will you be able to flow more water through it, but you change the resin less often since it has twice as much as the smaller unit. The portable aspect of the dic-20 makes it very versatile so you can take it anywhere around the house or on a trip to rinse an rv or a boat if you have one.

Old 09-02-2009, 11:52 PM
Premium Sponsor

Thanks!
You inspired this buddy....so here's a smokin deal on the CR

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...y-special.html

Old 09-03-2009, 07:31 AM
HobbesA5 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Stealth 993
I just went to Home Depo & get a 2 stage water filter & softner, it cost me just about $100 & the filters last a very, very long time. over a year for the filter, & about 6 mo for the softner.

Very little water pressure loss from it, I'd say 5-10%. You can just just move the tops to shut it off.

How would the performance of this setup compare with the CR Spotless system? Can you let the car air dry and have no water spots with that rig?

Old 09-03-2009, 07:47 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by Stealth 993

Mike, will that dry a car spot-free if left to dry and not wiped off? From my research, water softeners don't reduce the PPM count, they merely exchange the Ca and Mg ions for Na and Cl making salt water. It softens it from the hard minerals, but it won't reduce the actual ions causing water spots. I use to use such a system and it was better than using tap water, but it would leave a bit of spotting behind. Also, deionized water is based on the volume of the resin...the greater the volume, the greater the flow of water and the longer the system will last. It doesn't look like there's much volume of resin in the right cartridge.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:33 AM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
Mike, will that dry a car spot-free if left to dry and not wiped off? From my research, water softeners don't reduce the PPM count, they merely exchange the Ca and Mg ions for Na and Cl making salt water. It softens it from the hard minerals, but it won't reduce the actual ions causing water spots. I use to use such a system and it was better than using tap water, but it would leave a bit of spotting behind. Also, deionized water is based on the volume of the resin...the greater the volume, the greater the flow of water and the longer the system will last. It doesn't look like there's much volume of resin in the right cartridge.
Moe, the filters are made to put inline in the house, for the whole house. They say something like 100,000gal or so on the filters. I leave the filter on all the time, & usually only use the softener to fill the was bucket & rinse. It does make the car soap really suds up.

That being said it will not leave the car spotless. But it really cuts down on the spotting, & it seams to be easier to dry. Since I'm filtering the water, it also removes chlorine, & other crap, so I don't have to worry about any dirt in the water to scratch the car.

I have no doubt the CR system is better, it's just to expensive for me, & I don't like to change the resin all the time.

Originally Posted by HobbesA5
How would the performance of this setup compare with the CR Spotless system? Can you let the car air dry and have no water spots with that rig?
No, it just cuts it way down, & when there are spots, they are much easier to clean off. A quick QD will take them off.