Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Detailing the engine compartment 996TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 03:25 PM
heron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond repute
Detailing the engine compartment 996TT

anyone have a good how to?

thanks!

Old 09-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by heron163
anyone have a good how to?

thanks!
This is a writeup I did on an engine...may not be the same as yours, but the technique applies to most engines...

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post2343748

Old 09-13-2009, 05:26 PM
cherzra is infamous around these partscherzra is infamous around these parts
^^^ That's a good writeup.

I'd be very careful spraying water into your engine bay however. Even if you cover everything up, it can be that you end up with electrical problems that are a pain to get rid of.

Some simple green + elbow grease works wonders too... just take your time.

Old 09-13-2009, 06:29 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
There's not much to detailing the engine bay of a 996TT. You can pretty much degrease everything with a mild degreaser like P21S total auto wash, and you'll want to brush the hinges, decklid, and cooling fans with a boars hair brush. Then simply rinse with a low pressure, pressure washer.

John

Old 09-20-2009, 09:00 PM
bwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to all
I'm embarrassed to ask this, but can you guys be specific about what areas in a 911 engine should be "covered" or "protected" before doing a detailing like this? I'm just not aware. Mine's still pretty clean but my goal is to keep it that way.

Separately, my DD is an M5, and it's engine could really use a detail. What should I be careful of on that car?

Many thanks in advance,

Brian

Old 09-20-2009, 09:17 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bwiele
I'm embarrassed to ask this, but can you guys be specific about what areas in a 911 engine should be "covered" or "protected" before doing a detailing like this? I'm just not aware. Mine's still pretty clean but my goal is to keep it that way.

Separately, my DD is an M5, and it's engine could really use a detail. What should I be careful of on that car?

Many thanks in advance,

Brian
I'd be very embarrassed to ask such a question Brian....

Great question...just messing with you. To answer your question, on newer cars, just follow the steps outlined in my how-to for the Maserati. Just make sure to cover any open intake. Same goes for your M5...nothing to worry about. Just make sure to run the engine for a while to turn the water into steam.

Hope this helps.

Old 09-24-2009, 05:23 PM
Premium Sponsor
Thanks for the order Brian...I think you'll be very pleased with the airmax and it'll definitely come in handy when drying the engine. Happy B-Day as well

Old 09-24-2009, 08:43 PM
bwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to all
Thank you Moe for the birthday wish and for the very generous birthday pricing! - Brian