Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

How to clean Lloyd mats??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 10:30 AM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
How to clean Lloyd mats??

I was wondering what the best method is to clean the Lloyd Ultimat with a logo. The Logo is yellow and the mat is black. The yellow PORSCHE logo obviously gets dirty over time. I had to order a new set because when I attempted to clean the driver side mat the black bled into the yellow. What is the best way to get these clean without ruining them?

Thanks!

Old 12-03-2009, 01:45 AM
TOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to behold
Care instruction card that came with your Lloyd mats.
Please do not:
· soak your mats
· throw them in the washer or dryer (rubber melts - can cause fire)
· use harsh chemicals

Please do:
· try spot cleaning with damp cloth and gentle detergent (dish soap)
· air dry
· vacuum to lift and fluff pile.

Old 12-03-2009, 09:52 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ///MJFDDS
I was wondering what the best method is to clean the Lloyd Ultimat with a logo. The Logo is yellow and the mat is black. The yellow PORSCHE logo obviously gets dirty over time. I had to order a new set because when I attempted to clean the driver side mat the black bled into the yellow. What is the best way to get these clean without ruining them?

Thanks!
Hands down, the best carpet cleaner I've been using since 1995. Amazing product from England that safely and effectively removes the dirt without leaving any residue behind. Great to have around and it'll clean the plastocs and vinyl in the car too.

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...ttle%2C/Detail

Just spray directly on to the mats, rub or brush the product around, let it sit for about a a minute or two, then come back and wipe clean with microfiber towel. Repeat until the desired look is achieved.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:48 AM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
The care instruction card is very vague. I followed them last time and ruined a mat.

Moe, I worry about spraying anything on the mats and rubbing because I ran into a problem where the black part of the mat bled into the yellow embroidered insignia last time I tried to clean the mat. Is the cleaner you mention above safe in preventing this from occurring?

Thanks!

Old 12-03-2009, 11:00 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ///MJFDDS
The care instruction card is very vague. I followed them last time and ruined a mat.

Moe, I worry about spraying anything on the mats and rubbing because I ran into a problem where the black part of the mat bled into the yellow embroidered insignia last time I tried to clean the mat. Is the cleaner you mention above safe in preventing this from occurring?

Thanks!
No..you shouldn't have a problem with the dye transfer. If you're concerned, don't spray the darker color near the stitching. Spray the actual stitching and blot to get it cleaner.

Old 08-02-2013, 05:44 AM
fromthebeginning is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
No..you shouldn't have a problem with the dye transfer. If you're concerned, don't spray the darker color near the stitching. Spray the actual stitching and blot to get it cleaner.
Lloyd's black mats bleed onto the colored letters no matter what you do. I had black mats with Red Carrera lettering and two sets were ruined just from damp shoes.

Lloyd's replaced them but I went for pure black after that.