Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

why do my windows fog on the inside ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 01:05 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
why do my windows fog on the inside ?

Another ? for the experts ,is why my windows seem to to get fogged up on the inside & i'm not talking about while driving, especially the rear which is PIA to get to for cleaning.Should i leave it parked in the garage with the windows down or cracked as i feel it may have something to do with the leather breathing thanks in advance for any tips.

Old 12-05-2009, 01:42 PM
TOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to behold
Cause: The dew point is the temperature to which a given parcel of air must be cooled, at constant barometric pressure, for water vapour to condense into water.
Nothing to do with leather giving off moisture.
Cure: Raise the temp of the air

Old 12-05-2009, 02:02 PM
fairway551 is infamous around these parts
Second Cure

You can also lower the concentration of water in the airspace by turning on your defroster (which should engage the air conditioning compressor) to dehumidify the air.

Old 12-05-2009, 02:45 PM
TOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to behold
Try this, a trusted friend swears by it

Glass Science Fog Clear eliminates interior fogging of the windshield, windows, and mirrors. One clear coat absorbs moisture to eliminate condensation instantly; maintain optimum visibility even in humid, rainy, or cold conditions -

Old 12-05-2009, 06:37 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Another reason interior glass gets a haze or foggy appearance is the leather and plastic materials emit a gas, it's called gassing. There are still chemicals and other substances, don't ask me what, in the material that will always gas out. The trick is to routinely clean the interior glass...every two weeks or so with a good glass cleaner and microfiber towel. Other than that, not much else can be done.

Old 12-06-2009, 02:50 AM
Windshield Haze or ‘Fog’

The vinyl used on vehicle dashboards contain DEHP (diethylhexyl phthalate) plasticizers, these low molecular weight compounds maintain semi-rigid vinyl’s flexibility. The vinyl used in modern vehicle interiors vent (out-gassing) these are the plasticizers evaporating (more prevalent on newer vehicles or a dash with freshly applied vinyl dressing) Crack open vehicle windows when parked to allow the gasses to vent.

UV and heat radiation will also cause the DEHP plasticizers to dry out, resulting in a chemical film that when combined with road oils, dirt and grease introduced via by the vehicles a/c system or smoker's residue, which results in a stubborn haze or fog that forms a cohesive bond with the interior glass surfaces.

Clean glass with Isopropyl alcohol and a micro fibre towel, with a fine mist bottle, spray the glass, not towel and with medium pressure agitate the area. You may need to repeat this process