Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Moe and other detail gurus...Glasshield Process?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 06:05 PM
g8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to behold
Moe and other detail gurus...Glasshield Process?

I was wondering if any of you detail gurus have heard of the Glasshield Process? I picked up a brochure and read through it, found the website and looked it over. They claim it's a completely different process than waxing and offer a 5 year warranty that it won't lose its glossy shine. Anyone have any experience or thoughts on this? Just curious...looks like a scam to me, but it never hurts to ask

Here's the website:

http://www.premiervehiclerestoration.com/

Old 01-10-2010, 06:44 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
It sounds a lot like a Sol Gel. We use a product similar in our shop called Nanoskin.

John

Old 01-10-2010, 08:01 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by g8rdmd
I was wondering if any of you detail gurus have heard of the Glasshield Process? I picked up a brochure and read through it, found the website and looked it over. They claim it's a completely different process than waxing and offer a 5 year warranty that it won't lose its glossy shine. Anyone have any experience or thoughts on this? Just curious...looks like a scam to me, but it never hurts to ask

Here's the website:

http://www.premiervehiclerestoration.com/
I've never heard of the stuff...there's not much info on their site. It does sound too good to be true, but without proper further investigation, I can't say anything good or bad about it. I'll try and research it some more.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:25 AM
g8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by detailjohn
It sounds a lot like a Sol Gel. We use a product similar in our shop called Nanoskin.

John
Does something like this really protect the paint and keep its gloss for 5 years?

Originally Posted by MoeMistry
I've never heard of the stuff...there's not much info on their site. It does sound too good to be true, but without proper further investigation, I can't say anything good or bad about it. I'll try and research it some more.
Thanks Moe, I'm curious as to what you can find out