Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Car Washes and Pressure washers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 10:46 AM
Greg Nichols is infamous around these parts
Its awesome to see you here John! You are the go to guy for N. Seattle area Car owners!

Cheers,
GREG

Old 01-28-2010, 10:34 PM
KWIKSS has a spectacular aura aboutKWIKSS has a spectacular aura about
Guys by no means do I go by the article. I just thought you guys would get a kick out of it.

And YES the general public are a bunch of morons who drive a car from point A to point B and know nothing about cars and how to "REALLY" care for them.

Old 01-30-2010, 09:08 PM
fairway551 is infamous around these parts
Is there a simple/easy way to reduce the output pressure? I have a 3000 psi Honda pressure washer and would like to be able to use it with a foam cannon. Is there a way to do that?

Old 01-31-2010, 04:41 PM
Greg Nichols is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by fairway551
Is there a simple/easy way to reduce the output pressure? I have a 3000 psi Honda pressure washer and would like to be able to use it with a foam cannon. Is there a way to do that?
I have an adjustment on my washer to turn down the pressure. Another way is to reduce the throttle down.

Cheers,

Old 02-03-2010, 06:55 AM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by fairway551
Take off the Turbo and back your foot out of the throttle.
What kind of tips are you using? That is what determines how much pressure the water is coming out on mine.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:17 AM
fairway551 is infamous around these parts
Thanks to Greg and Hogapalooza for the comments. Yes, I have five tips of differing pressures. The lower pressure ones will work for the rinse cycle, but I'm also interested in connecting the pressure washer to a foam lance/cannon. So, I need to cut the output in half to accommodate the lance. Is there some sort of in-line pressure reducer that I could use??

Old 02-04-2010, 06:59 AM
No Name is infamous around these partsNo Name is infamous around these parts
Just reduce the throttle. Less engine RPM = less pressure. I can run mine (3500 psi?) at just above idle and have minimal pressure.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:14 PM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
Like NoName, I never run mine at full throttle when I'm using it on my cars even w/ the lowest pressure tip.
Heck I don't even use the garden hose at full blast to get the soap off. Water is a funny thing, it can cause as much damage as it can good.

Old 02-13-2010, 09:31 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KWIKSS
Fine scratches are hard not to get out of any car washing out there. Unless you spend all day foaming the car, spraying it off and repeating. Here's a study of Hand washing VS Auto Washing. http://bubblescarwashanddetail.com/r...shing_Cars.pdf
That study is total bull****. Where is the appendix? What pro...nevermind. It's so rediculous I'm not even going to go into it.
Originally Posted by KWIKSS
Alevine,

Let me ask you a question? Was the scratch all the way down the side of the car(as in start from the front bumper to the rear of the car) or just a few inches down the side? The reason why I ask is I get blamed for the same thing at our wash. I hear.. HEY THOSE SCRATCHES AND MARKS WEREN'T THERE WHEN I CAME IN HERE. I then ask the customer how did they get there? Mind you- there about 2-5 inches long and only one or two on all different parts of the car. Never the same area. They say- a rock or something must of been in your brushes and it scratched it. So here's what I say. Well since the scratch is only a few inches long and not all the way down the side of the car theres no way my brushes could of done it. The brushes stay in contact with the car from the front to the back, if there had been a rock in the brushes there would be a mark all the way around the car. IN OF STORY... I keep my cars clean and I make sure there not getting scratched, but there always seems to be something on them that I have no Idea where it came from. Just food for thought...
Sounds like you got the "hey you scratched my car" canned answer down to a T.

Old 02-14-2010, 07:27 AM
KWIKSS has a spectacular aura aboutKWIKSS has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by TXGold
That study is total bull****. Where is the appendix? What pro...nevermind. It's so rediculous I'm not even going to go into it.

Sounds like you got the "hey you scratched my car" canned answer down to a T.

No I just know what can cause a scratch and what can't, its really just common sense...

Old 02-14-2010, 07:37 AM
dma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond repute
Can anyone recommend a good cheapo pressure washer? I have to blast the crap off the tractors (lawn and Kioti Backhoe) too as well as the 911.

Old 02-14-2010, 09:37 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dma550
Can anyone recommend a good cheapo pressure washer? I have to blast the crap off the tractors (lawn and Kioti Backhoe) too as well as the 911.
If you're going to use the pressure washer for more than just your car, you're going to clock some hours on the motor. The consumer stuff, around $100-200, wasn't really designed to last more than 30-40 hours of life. But, karcher is a good brand and can be found at walmart or lowes.

Otherwise, you may want to invest in a proper unit that will last you decades. They're half as loud as any electric pressure washer out there, built like a tank in Germany, and are an excellent value if you do the math.

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...zle/Categories

Use your 6speed promo and get 10% off and free shipping.

Old 02-14-2010, 04:41 PM
Yeah cheap mechanical items don't last when they're put to the of longevity. The grime that backhoes and other heavy equipment get on them will need a real good heavy duty pressure washer. My Lil Bro has a lot of heavy equipment and I know what your looking at to clean.
Buy the best you can afford and then take care of it and it will take care of you.