Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Sunday afternoon and my new cleaning toys

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 06:36 PM
DrScoles has a spectacular aura aboutDrScoles has a spectacular aura aboutDrScoles has a spectacular aura about
Sunday afternoon and my new cleaning toys

Having the right tools for the job is a good thing Washed two cars in half the time I usually do, and I know I didn't introduce any swirls on the two black cars.... Thanks to all who share their tips here in the forum. No finished pics, I didnt dry them off....LOL

Attached Images    
Old 02-28-2010, 06:39 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Nice. Which foam gun is that?

Old 02-28-2010, 10:12 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DrScoles
Having the right tools for the job is a good thing Washed two cars in half the time I usually do, and I know I didn't introduce any swirls on the two black cars.... Thanks to all who share their tips here in the forum. No finished pics, I didnt dry them off....LOL
Nice set up....great idea on the quick connects.

Old 02-28-2010, 10:21 PM
DrScoles has a spectacular aura aboutDrScoles has a spectacular aura aboutDrScoles has a spectacular aura about
It's the one from autogeek. I had to grind down the brass bosch fitting to work in my psi washer, pia. I washed three cars with half a bottle of water, and just a tiny bit of the soap... very cool.

Moe, you mentioned using the de-ionizer to rinse only would make it last longer, so the quick connects make it easy to only use it for a few minutes...

Old 02-28-2010, 10:43 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Looking for a way to use less water to save my resin. Are you just usig the foam gun to loosen dirt then rinsing followed by washing with a mitt
/bucket or do you go straight to washing with a mitt?

Old 03-01-2010, 06:34 AM
fairway551 is infamous around these parts
Bone - Here's my procedure:
Clean wheels and tires using bucket, brushes.
Rinse dirty car with plain water
Foam with foam gun
Allow to dwell for 5 minutes
Rinse with plain water
Foam sections (roof, door, hood, etc.) one at a time. Use mitt to gently agitate foam. If car is REALLY dirty, rinse mitt in bucket with clean water and grit guard.
Rinse with plain water
When entire car is clean, rinse with DI water from my DIC-20.
Done
This entire procedure takes about 30 minutes and car is PERFECT. For those in cold climates, if you use rubber gloves, you can do this when it's 33 degrees with no issues.

Old 03-01-2010, 07:43 AM
Originally Posted by fairway551
Bone - Here's my procedure:
Clean wheels and tires using bucket, brushes.
Rinse dirty car with plain water
Foam with foam gun
Allow to dwell for 5 minutes
Rinse with plain water
Foam sections (roof, door, hood, etc.) one at a time. Use mitt to gently agitate foam. If car is REALLY dirty, rinse mitt in bucket with clean water and grit guard.
Rinse with plain water
When entire car is clean, rinse with DI water from my DIC-20.
Done
This entire procedure takes about 30 minutes and car is PERFECT. For those in cold climates, if you use rubber gloves, you can do this when it's 33 degrees with no issues.

Ah. Lucky man. I can't use 'plain water' at all or it'll be spotted hell. Water is so bad here, just a drop touches my car and it'll leave a big fat white spot within minutes. If I rinsed as many times as you with the CR, the resin would go bad in 2-3 washes

Old 03-01-2010, 09:05 AM
I'm doing the about the same, only use CR for final rinse... But I wasn't letting the foam sit that long, good time to grab a beer ;-)

Old 03-02-2010, 08:43 AM
TOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by bonehead
Ah. Lucky man. I can't use 'plain water' at all or it'll be spotted hell. Water is so bad here, just a drop touches my car and it'll leave a big fat white spot within minutes. If I rinsed as many times as you with the CR, the resin would go bad in 2-3 washes
Hard Water
If you are using tap water that contains high levels of minerals such as calcium hydroxide or silicates, some of the polymers will bond to these minerals and take them out of solution therefore more product might be necessary to compensate for this effect. By adding Optimum No Rinse (ONR) to a regular car wash soap will improves the results when using tap water (0.5 oz / gallon) always add it to the water to remove the minerals before adding your soap. This will maximize the benefits of using ONR in this manner.
Water Supply Classifications (Water Quality Research Council)
· Soft Water- 0 to 1 grains per gallon
· Slightly Hard Water- 1 to 3.5 grains per gallon
· Moderately Hard Water- 3.5 to 7 grains per gallon
· Hard Water - 7 to 10.5 grains per gallon
· Very Hard Water - over 10.5 grains per gallon

Old 03-02-2010, 09:05 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
TOGWT, great tip on the ONR to soften the hard water. Thank you.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:17 AM
To clarify - I only use the CR for the FINAL rinse. All of the other water used is straight out of the hose. Now one other thing I forgot to add - I have well water that is hard enough to walk on!!!!! About 10 years ago I got a whole-house GE Profile water softener. It's one of the best investments I ever made. It is microprocessor controlled and uses very little salt. The water doesn't feel slimy, but all of the mineral deposits have been eliminated. We use half the soap in laundry and showers and clothes and skin are MUCH softer. This water will still leave spots on the car, hence I use the CR for the final rinse. Another big advantage is that the soft water makes a resin fill last MUCH longer.

Old 03-02-2010, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by fairway551
To clarify - I only use the CR for the FINAL rinse. All of the other water used is straight out of the hose. Now one other thing I forgot to add - I have well water that is hard enough to walk on!!!!! About 10 years ago I got a whole-house GE Profile water softener. It's one of the best investments I ever made. It is microprocessor controlled and uses very little salt. The water doesn't feel slimy, but all of the mineral deposits have been eliminated. We use half the soap in laundry and showers and clothes and skin are MUCH softer. This water will still leave spots on the car, hence I use the CR for the final rinse. Another big advantage is that the soft water makes a resin fill last MUCH longer.
I have a water softener as well. But is yours connected to your outdoor faucets? My softener is only for the indoor plumbing. Just need a way to hook up the water coming from the softener to the outside plumbing.

Old 03-02-2010, 11:57 AM
Thumbs up

I have a water softener as well. But is yours connected to your outdoor faucets? My softener is only for the indoor plumbing. Just need a way to hook up the water coming from the softener to the outside plumbing.
Yes -- I have a faucet in the garage that is fed from the softener. It's pretty cheap and easy to place a T on a line in the house and run it into your garage/driveway. My other outside faucets are "raw" well water that I use for plant and lawn watering. Works great!!!

Old 03-26-2010, 09:52 PM
jchou38 has a spectacular aura aboutjchou38 has a spectacular aura about
thats pretty cool!