Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Teaser: Sonax Wheel Cleaner - The ultimate wheel cleaner?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 07:19 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
Teaser: Sonax Wheel Cleaner - The ultimate wheel cleaner?

SONAX Wheel Cleaner

Precision Wheel Cleaner for safe and effective removal of brake dust and stubborn dirt

SONAX Wheel Cleaner is a highly effective, acid-free and pH balanced rim and wheel cleaner that is safe for all wheels, including aluminum and alloys. This formulation is also effective and safe for use on painted wheels and will not deteriorate clear coats.

SONAX Wheel Cleaner contains unique chemical ingredients that effectively dissolves the sintered iron by forming a water soluble iron complex. During the use of your vehicle, brake dust and road grime become sintered to the surface of rims and wheels due to the high temperature conditions they are normally exposed. Brake dust contains high levels of iron and once sintered to the rim, becomes extremely difficult to dissolve or remove without the use of harsh chemicals.

SONAX Wheel Cleaner sprays on as a thick, flourescent grean foam. As the cleansing foam begins to work into the dirt and grime, the formula begins to turn red. The red coloration is the SONAX Wheel Cleaner forming a bond to the sintered iron on the wheel and changing its state to a water soluble complex for easy removal. Stubborn, baked on grime may take a small amount of agitation. Rinse wheels thoroughly with a power washer and wipe dry.

MSRP - $19.99.

So here is the test I did over the weekend. First I used this on the VW R32 and got amazing results, unfortunately no pictures.

Was able to do some more testing and the test subject a 2010 Audi S4, with all the bad weather I figured this was a great time to test it out. 4-5 weeks without washing the car (due to rain, snow, northeast winter)

Take a look I followed the instructions to the tee and got some amazing results, dare I say this will be a hit! I'm going to say even better than my favorite wheel cleaner.

Before shot of the wheel

Sprayed it on, and it was immediately green as stated in the directions

Started to turn purple within minutes

Take a look at it cleaning. (this was after quickly using the Uber Spoke Brush and Uber Boar's Hair Brush nothing crazy just a quick brushing)

Used a power washer (Cam Spray) and they looks great!

Needless to say I was impressed so impressed we will be carrying this asap.
I know most know what my favorite wheel cleaner is here and I've been using it for 15 years and I think I just found its replacement.

Old 03-09-2010, 10:43 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
Updated: with the HUGE Response on this item I will start the pre ordering now. Shipment should be here in 5-7 days.

Click here to reserve yours today SONAX Wheel Cleaner. (Don't forget to add your discount code)

Old 03-10-2010, 11:16 AM
pushtiulk is infamous around these partspushtiulk is infamous around these parts
Phil, what do you think: it's more stronger than p21s or adam's?

Old 03-10-2010, 11:29 AM
Former Vendor
the other 2 are great but I think I found my new favorite wheel cleaner.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:19 AM
Former Vendor
in stock and ready to go.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:10 AM
seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !
Do they offer larger refill sizes like the P21S?

Old 03-16-2010, 11:18 AM
Former Vendor
we are working on a pallet order with Sonax now. shipment should be in 6 -8 weeks.

I will be doing bulk pricing though after the intro sale is over.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:50 AM
Greg Nichols is infamous around these parts
is it safe for uncoated wheels?

Cheers,
GREG

Old 03-30-2010, 10:45 PM
Former Vendor
greg yes it is provided you follow the instructions you will be okay.

take a look at all the folks who already tried it.

Click here Sonax Wheel Cleaner Review

Old 04-03-2010, 07:00 PM
996Jammy is infamous around these parts
whats the promo code?! im sold!

Old 04-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Former Vendor
promo code is 6speed

Old 04-05-2010, 03:34 AM
TOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by pushtiulk
Phil, what do you think: it's more stronger than p21s or adam's?
P21S brought out a red gel, P21S-Red (422) pH 7.0 but it was only available in EU. It was a safe but very agressive product that would remove brake dust as well as an acid.

The Sonax product works with a similar type of chemical.
The best of both worlds; the cleaning power of an acid wheel cleaner with a (safe) pH of 7.5 by using a neutralised acid salt. Neutralization is the reaction between an acid and a base (alkaline) producing a salt and neutralized base; common examples include acetic acid and sulphuric acid (hence the red colour, which is a chemical reaction with the metal particles) and the smell (sulphur)

Last edited by TOGWT; 04-05-2010 at 03:51 AM.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:04 PM
Rob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant future
So I assume this is similar alternative to the Bilberry wheel cleaner that we can't get in the US?

That seems to be pretty popular stuff across the pond.

Old 04-05-2010, 01:14 PM
Former Vendor
actually I liked it better than bilberry. but its very close to it.

Old 04-07-2010, 08:11 AM
seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !
I missed the intro rate, but I figure I'll give this stuff a try. I also bought a bunch of P21S for the "light duty" work, so I should be all set with clean wheels for the summer. Phil, if you can get me my order by this weekend, I promise I'll post up a picture of what the Sonax can do on some of the dirtiest wheels in history. The insides of these wheels haven't seen a brush in at least 8 years. (not my Porsche)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Teaser: Sonax Wheel Cleaner - The ultimate wheel cleaner?