Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

HELP! Warning / Graphic: this is painful... Huge Layer of "rusted" water accumulation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 06:39 PM
wolfnards has a spectacular aura aboutwolfnards has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by NewSong
Couldn't you file against the apartment complex? It's their faulty plumbing that destroyed your paint.
Good call. definitely been on my mind. i brought it up to the buildling management today, and they said if i get a bill, they will take care of it. i know they are worried I will file some charges. If this damages my car, and the apartment doesn't offer an acceptable solution, I will hire a lawyer. thanks again for the suggestion.

Old 03-22-2010, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by Fly
My guess is they will say the damage somehow exceeds the terms of the 5-year warranty. They likely have language to deny anything this extreme.

I hope I am wrong, but you will likely get a call from the dealership stating it is not covered, but they can resolve it via their preferred bodyshop/detail pro.

It will really depend on what is left after the solids are removed. If the drippings were non-corrosive, you may get by with a good rinse and soap.

I am very sorry this happened to you. You may have a valid complaint with the building manager regarding the parking space. If they can not keep their plumbing in check, they are wronging tenants by letting them park under their broken systems.
Great points, I'm definitely concerned about it... Building management offered to pay for any charges incurred, but I just want an acceptable solution. I'll keep you posted, thanks again for the note.

Old 03-22-2010, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by gtKnight
Yikes!!! That is painful to see. Best of luck in taking that off.
Thanks, gtKnight... It's definitely a bummer

Old 03-23-2010, 04:50 AM
TOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to behold
If the Simoniz '5-year guaratee on paint protection' doesn't work out use a decontamination system -

Chemical Cleaning and Acid Neutralization
The ValuGard Neutralization System is the most recognized and approved chemical neutralization system in the industry. In fact, major auto manufactures have issued technical service bulletins/advisories directing their dealers and port operations to use the ValuGard System for required repairs and pre-treatment for acid rain and industrial fallout repairs. Safe for both the user and the environment, the ValuGard Neutralization System is VOC compliant
Vehicle manufacturer studies have shown that failure to remove environmental contaminants (like imbedded rail dust, acid rain, industrial fallout and other environmental contaminants) from paint film can cause premature degradation of the paint system. While clay products are useful for overspray, they cannot deep clean the surface and pores of the paint. This can only be accomplished through a thorough chemical cleaning and acid neutralization.
In fact, major auto manufactures have issued technical service bulletins/advisories directing their dealers and port operations to use the ValuGard Decontamination System for required repairs and pre-treatment for acid rain and industrial fallout repairs, safe for both the user and the environment.