Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

HELP! Warning / Graphic: this is painful... Huge Layer of "rusted" water accumulation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 07:04 AM
wolfnards has a spectacular aura aboutwolfnards has a spectacular aura about
HELP! Warning / Graphic: this is painful... Huge Layer of "rusted" water accumulation

Help! I parked my pcar in a garage at the apartment complex and went for a business trip. While I was gone, Boston was hit with nasty storms, including some floods.

Upon return, i noticed there was some pipe (and a hole next to it) above the car that leaked rusty water and it had accumulated! It's been sitting there for 6 days now, and it's pretty terrible.

I just ordered a ton of supplies including Flex and Menzerna SIP, but the car is only 3 months old and i don't want to remove any of the clearcoat.

The other option is that I purchased the "Simonize" protection from the dealership. I've read all the hype (or not) about this extra protection, and they guaranteed that anything will come out. Should I bring it there first?

Thanks in advance!

Wolf

Old 03-21-2010, 09:02 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Wash it, assess it, if you haven't detailed before and the gunk is still there or there is etching, go to a pro.

If you are comfortable detailing, take some pics after washing it.

IMHO, of course.

Old 03-21-2010, 10:04 AM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
Whatever you do, don't purchase simonize. You can purchase much better products from our site sponsors here.

John

Old 03-21-2010, 10:13 AM
Premium Sponsor
GlisteningTech is infamous around these parts
Edwin,

First things first, you need to wash the car carefully and then see what happens once all of that gets cleared off. Once you can see the clearcoat, post up some pictures and we can assess the damage and what is wrong.

We can start with that, so get it cleaned off and we can see what we are dealing with.

Old 03-21-2010, 10:35 AM
T33
T33 is infamous around these parts
It looks like dried rusted water. It should come off if you wash it.

Old 03-21-2010, 02:41 PM
g911cab is infamous around these parts
Subscribed, want to know how you work this out.

Old 03-21-2010, 04:15 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wolfnards
Help! I parked my pcar in a garage at the apartment complex and went for a business trip. While I was gone, Boston was hit with nasty storms, including some floods.

Upon return, i noticed there was some pipe (and a hole next to it) above the car that leaked rusty water and it had accumulated! It's been sitting there for 6 days now, and it's pretty terrible.

I just ordered a ton of supplies including Flex and Menzerna SIP, but the car is only 3 months old and i don't want to remove any of the clearcoat.

The other option is that I purchased the "Simonize" protection from the dealership. I've read all the hype (or not) about this extra protection, and they guaranteed that anything will come out. Should I bring it there first?

Thanks in advance!

Wolf
Sorry to see that Edwin....first things first. Give her a good bath and then let's assess what you've got on your hands. With the arsenal of products we sent you, we should be able to come up with something.

Old 03-21-2010, 05:49 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
Any updates? I'm curious to see if any damage occured?

Old 03-22-2010, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by detailjohn
Whatever you do, don't purchase simonize. You can purchase much better products from our site sponsors here.

John

Thanks for the note, John. Yeah, for some reason, I was fooled into purchasing Simoniz from the dealership upon taking delivery. However, this package did include a 5-year guaranteed paint protection, so I went to the dealership to test them on this... They will work on it this week, and I expect to see a clean car with no bill... otherwise, time to get some lawyers...

Old 03-22-2010, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by GlisteningTech
Edwin,

First things first, you need to wash the car carefully and then see what happens once all of that gets cleared off. Once you can see the clearcoat, post up some pictures and we can assess the damage and what is wrong.

We can start with that, so get it cleaned off and we can see what we are dealing with.

Thanks, Jon! Well, since I purchased Simoniz from the dealership with their 5-year guarantee, I put them to the test and made it their problem rather than trying to resolve it myself. Will definitely keep everyone posted. I can't wait to try the Flex and everything else I bought!

Old 03-22-2010, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by detailjohn
Any updates? I'm curious to see if any damage occured?

I'm curious too... Sent it back to the dealership to get it taken care of since I purchased their Simoniz package which includes a 5-year guaratee on paint protection. we'll see if they keep their word... I will definitely send updates.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:25 PM
Fly
Fly is infamous around these parts
My guess is they will say the damage somehow exceeds the terms of the 5-year warranty. They likely have language to deny anything this extreme.

I hope I am wrong, but you will likely get a call from the dealership stating it is not covered, but they can resolve it via their preferred bodyshop/detail pro.

It will really depend on what is left after the solids are removed. If the drippings were non-corrosive, you may get by with a good rinse and soap.

I am very sorry this happened to you. You may have a valid complaint with the building manager regarding the parking space. If they can not keep their plumbing in check, they are wronging tenants by letting them park under their broken systems.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:25 PM
Fly
Fly is infamous around these parts
Especially a 911.

Old 03-22-2010, 01:06 PM
gtKnight is infamous around these parts
Yikes!!! That is painful to see. Best of luck in taking that off.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:30 PM
NewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to all
Question

Couldn't you file against the apartment complex? It's their faulty plumbing that destroyed your paint.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HELP! Warning / Graphic: this is painful... Huge Layer of "rusted" water accumulation