Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

p21s Total Auto Wash Use question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 09:54 AM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
p21s Total Auto Wash Use question

I am thinking about getting P21S TAW but a little concerned about it being too strong (ie taking wax off) if used on wheels and exhaust tips etc.

What are some other uses for this product other than for cleaning exhaust tips, engine bay, plastic underpinning etc?

Is there a better all around cleaner that is safe for use on clearcoat and doesn't strip off wax (may be that's not possible if you want to really get things clean)?

Thanks!

Old 05-06-2010, 10:15 AM
Dan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura about
You shouldnt need anything besides soap and water to maintain your wheels. Especially if they are properly sealed.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:52 AM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
Most cleaners will strip wax, if it doesn't just come off with a simple hand wash, anything stronger will start stripping wax. You will probably just have to reapply wax on lower sections where it was used. Best of luck.

John

Old 05-07-2010, 08:25 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sbkim
I am thinking about getting P21S TAW but a little concerned about it being too strong (ie taking wax off) if used on wheels and exhaust tips etc.

What are some other uses for this product other than for cleaning exhaust tips, engine bay, plastic underpinning etc?

Is there a better all around cleaner that is safe for use on clearcoat and doesn't strip off wax (may be that's not possible if you want to really get things clean)?

Thanks!
TAW is one of our favorite cleaners. I don't think there's a safer and more effective cleaner out there. If you're concerned about TAW taking wax off the wheels, then use P21S Regular Wheel Cleaner.

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...-Kit%2C/Detail

As for cleaning exhaust tips, TAW is great there as well. We also use TAW to clean the dirt in all the door jams, fuel compartment, and some clients even use TAW diluted to clean carpets and upholstery.

Hope this helps.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:10 PM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
thank you so much for the replies! very helpful indeed.

Old 05-07-2010, 02:27 PM
AlpineEcstasy is infamous around these parts
I've been using the P21S Wheel Gel on my wheels and I haven't noticed it stripping the wax off. If you are concerned about stripping the wax with the TAW and don't feel like ordering the Wheel Gel, I'm sure you could dilute the TAW a bit.

The TAW is excellent for everything else (wheel wells, engine, exhaust tips, undercarriage, etc.)

Old 05-08-2010, 03:29 AM
TOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to behold
P21S is a safe solvent (d-limonene) citrus-based. It can be diluted to suit whatever job from undiluted for engine bay detailing to paint cleaning

Old 05-12-2010, 11:30 AM
ClickClickBoom has a spectacular aura aboutClickClickBoom has a spectacular aura about
I use PS21taw to clean wheels, exhaust tips, the areas right behind wheels, and bugs off the front bumper. Then I wash the rest with ONR.

Old 05-16-2010, 10:33 AM
Jean Claude is infamous around these parts
I used some p21s TAW on my m3 a few days ago as a pretreat. Soaked the whole car with it and let it sit a few minutes. After I finished rinsing the p21s off and actually washing the car with a mitt my car still beaded really nice. It did not remove my sealant that was applied over a month ago. My car is a daily driver as well.

I've not had an issue with TAW removing waxes. I am not saying it can't happen, but it hasn't for me.

Old 05-16-2010, 11:18 AM
TOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to behold
d-limonene is a citrus based solvent that will remove wax or a polymer sealent if used undiluted.

Nearly all wax and sealant products exhibit water beading or sheeting initially (in fact so does a clean paint surface without an applied protection) this is due solely to surface tension