Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Clear Tint? Does It Exist?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 05:58 AM
wwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of light
I drive a lot in the dark during my predawn commute to work each day. I can't tell the difference between the Air Blue Window Tint on my 997.2 windshield and the windshield of my other two vehicles with no tint. It's not noticable.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:22 PM
calbears92 is infamous around these parts
3M Crystalline

I use the 3M Crystalline 70 on all my windshields. Being in So. Cal. it is the first thing I do when I get a new car.

I have replaced a perfectly good tint with the Crystalline just so I can get the heat rejection properties.

None of my passengers realize I have a tint on my windshield until I tell them I do. It is not noticeable at all, even at night it is not dark.

Old 07-03-2010, 01:22 PM
rennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to behold
I can't remember the brand (Hueper?) but I believe any ceramic tint will reduce UV AND IR.
I've had both my cars' front windshields done. BIG difference in heat.
Not perfectly clear but it's nearly unnoticeable.

Old 07-13-2010, 02:12 AM
g8gxp is infamous around these parts
i want some clear tint

Old 09-23-2010, 09:22 PM
Basic Sponsor
Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !
'10 Gran Turismo with Diamond Cut IR 63% all around..

Sharing our Passion on Youtube: https://urlgeni.us/youtube/Premier

Facebook: https://urlgeni.us/facebook/Premier

42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA. 510-623-1308 sales@premiermobilegroup.com
Old 09-28-2010, 11:43 PM
Basic Sponsor
Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !
With the heatwave of late, our team's been working some serious hours in getting Diamond Cut IR Nanotint installed onto various level of cars each day. Here's the B7 with the 20% along with a shot of cars waiting in line to get the IR tint installed:

Again, here are the benefits of Diamond Cut IR over the competition:

1. 94% of infrared rejection vs. Ceramics at 75%-80%
2. 99.5% of uv blockage
3. The product consists of 0% metal substrates vs. multiply metallized ceramics.
4. the film will not affect comfort access (or the equivalent of keyless entry), am / fm, radar, etc.

Sharing our Passion on Youtube: https://urlgeni.us/youtube/Premier

Facebook: https://urlgeni.us/facebook/Premier

42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA. 510-623-1308 sales@premiermobilegroup.com
Old 09-30-2010, 03:17 AM
TOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Dan1
Modern car windows block 95%+ of uv rays. Heat is more of a problem.
+1

Ultra violet radiation

UV- B radiation is known to contribute to the chemical modification, photosensitise (fading) of exposed paint surfaces resulting in loss of gloss, colour change, chalking, flaking and along with infrared heat radiation (UV-A) eventually the destruction of the clear coat paint film.

Ultra violet radiation (UV) and environmental contaminant exposure leads to gloss and colour instability (photosynthesis) and surface stains. But before UV light can cause harm, it must first be absorbed. If it is not turned into heat or transferred to a nearby stabilizer molecule called a quencher, it breaks weak chemical bonds. This is the beginning of UV damage. Some materials absorb UV light more readily than other materials.

Materials that readily absorb UV light are quickly damaged...rubber, vinyl, gel coat fibreglass, and many other plastics. Acrylic is slow to absorb UV light and accordingly very resistant to photo degradation.

Ultra violet penetration of auto glass; UV radiation is present in the sun’s rays throughout the year in varying amounts. Ordinary auto window glass filters out about 97% of the UV-B radiation, the cause of photosynthesis (fading)