Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Clear Tint? Does It Exist?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 10:14 AM
TorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud of
Clear Tint? Does It Exist?

I'm thinking about tinting my 993TT but don't want to change the lines of the car. Ideally, a clear tint would prevent UVA/B damage while keeping a stock appearance.

Question: Does anyone make CLEAR tint that offers the same degree of protection/efficacy as the dark stuff?

Old 06-05-2010, 11:04 AM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TorqueChap
I'm thinking about tinting my 993TT but don't want to change the lines of the car. Ideally, a clear tint would prevent UVA/B damage while keeping a stock appearance.

Question: Does anyone make CLEAR tint that offers the same degree of protection/efficacy as the dark stuff?
Yes there is a new line of Clear tint that blocks 99% of UV rays still.. Im going to use it on my front windshield to protect my leather dash and such.. Im sure someone can chime in on what its called.. llumar makes it i believe..

Mike

Old 06-05-2010, 12:35 PM
caly is infamous around these parts
i have dashmat for protection for now but clear tint to block 99% uv would be awesome..THx

Old 06-05-2010, 03:59 PM
Dan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura about
Modern car windows block 95%+ of uv rays. Heat is more of a problem.

Old 06-05-2010, 04:07 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Local shop here installs 'clear' tint. I believe it's 3M. Guy held 20% conventional tint and the clear stuff under a heat lamp and the heat rejection of the clear stuff was significantly higher. Of course, it's pricier though.

Old 06-05-2010, 07:33 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
3m crystalline film is probably the film that offers the most protection available. It comes in clear but it's not cheap.

John

Old 06-05-2010, 08:29 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by detailjohn
3m crystalline film is probably the film that offers the most protection available. It comes in clear but it's not cheap.

John
Yup, that's the stuff.

Old 06-05-2010, 10:19 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by detailjohn

John
+1...cool stuff.

Old 06-06-2010, 07:39 AM
wwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of light
I had Air Blue Window Tint (Llumar) installed when i bought my car. 80% transmissive. I've been happy with the results.

Old 06-06-2010, 08:05 AM
torment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud of
Yeah my friend bought the Llumar 80 for his windshield. Said it was night and day better.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:30 AM
Former Vendor
Dtlng. Dynamics is a jewel in the roughDtlng. Dynamics is a jewel in the roughDtlng. Dynamics is a jewel in the rough
Yes, 3M recently released the Crystalline in 90% VLT. Previously the lightest they had was 70%. If you're going to do the windshield, use the best stuff and block out the heat.

Matt

Old 06-16-2010, 07:40 PM
lithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud of
I have the 3M crystalline tint on my windshield. IIRC, the installer told me it lets 70% of light through. Once it's on, you can't really tell it's there. I was pulled over by a local police at night one time (for different reason), and they didn't say anything about the front "tint".

I can tell you it does cut down on the heat inside the car. I can hop in my car, sit down on the black leather, put my hand on dash, steering wheel without getting burned. I live in S.FL... so, sun is really bright here, esp. in summer. One of the best "mods" for my car so far.

Old 06-17-2010, 02:06 PM
fairway551 is infamous around these parts
Does anyone from New Jersey have any experience with getting a car through State Inspection with a "clear tint" on the windshield? I'd love to get the heat and UV blocked, but wonder if it will be a hassle come inspection time.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:39 PM
Basic Sponsor
Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...er+diamond+cut

Sharing our Passion on Youtube: https://urlgeni.us/youtube/Premier

Facebook: https://urlgeni.us/facebook/Premier

42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA. 510-623-1308 sales@premiermobilegroup.com
Old 06-21-2010, 10:41 PM
jzarrabi has a spectacular aura aboutjzarrabi has a spectacular aura aboutjzarrabi has a spectacular aura about
is it noticeably darker driving at night?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clear Tint? Does It Exist?