Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Help selecting products

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 09:14 PM
camhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond repute
Help selecting products

I have a relatively new Meteor Grey C4S that gets cleaned about once or twice a week. My ritual is relatively basic and usually goes along the lines of a thorough rinse, wash with soap and very soft cloth, thorough rinse, dry by sheeting / evaporation (have soft water). I typically do not apply any kind of wax or product to the body unless the area was particularly dirty (bug, tar, etc). I'm about to run out of supplies and thought I'd get some recommendations for products before I ordered again. The products I currently use are:

Soap: 1Z Einszett Perls Shampoo
Wheel cleaner: P21s Wheel Gel
Wax / detailer: 1Z Einszett Spray Wax
Interior: 1Z Einszett ****pit Premium
Leather: Lexol

On top of what I use, I'm also looking for some help with wheel cleaning. I was very lazy with wheel cleaning for a month or two and now have some spots on the rim that will not seem to come off even with some elbow grease. What is the best product to remove these deposits (thinking clay bar perhaps) and what is the best product to use to avoid dust sticking in the future? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Old 06-20-2010, 06:29 AM
Dan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura about
I would switch out the p21s gel for some Sonax wheel cleaner. But if you are cleaning the car once a week you should only need soap and water. For this I would just get some Meguiars NXT soap, dont use the 1z soap to clean wheels. I would also get a high quality lambswool mitt. I recommend applying a sealant to the paint, not sure why you wouldnt?

Old 06-20-2010, 11:13 AM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
I would agree fully with Dan1. The Sonax Full Effect Wheel Cleaner is excellent, and a good set of ENVY brushes will help on the wheels, and the inside of the car. Nanoskin Brake Dust is a super easy to apply wheel sealant that will make your wheels easier to maintain, and one application lasts for months. Through the month of June use coupon code 6speedspring for 15% of your entire order. Best of luck.

http://www.metropolitandetail.com/ecProduct_136_27[Nanoskin Brake Dust]

http://www.metropolitandetail.com/ecProduct_94_27[Sonax Wheel Cleaner

http://www.metropolitandetail.com/ecProduct_138_27[ENVY Detail Brush Set]

John

Last edited by detailjohn; 06-20-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:47 PM
JHRI50 is infamous around these parts
+1 on the Sonax!

Old 06-24-2010, 11:21 AM
DetailedDesigns is infamous around these parts
I concur on the Sonax wheel cleaner.
I was a p21s wheel gel junkie for a long time, then I tired Sonax wheel cleaner...Wheel gel has it's place in my arsenal, but Sonax really is the best.

Pick out a sealant that you like for the wheels. Easy on, easy off is the trick. The first time you seal them, I suggest removing them for a thorough clean then a thorough application of a sealant. From there you should be able to keep them on and do the best you can with where you can reach.

For a degreaser/pretreat, try out p21s total auto wash.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:11 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by camhabib
I have a relatively new Meteor Grey C4S that gets cleaned about once or twice a week. My ritual is relatively basic and usually goes along the lines of a thorough rinse, wash with soap and very soft cloth, thorough rinse, dry by sheeting / evaporation (have soft water). I typically do not apply any kind of wax or product to the body unless the area was particularly dirty (bug, tar, etc). I'm about to run out of supplies and thought I'd get some recommendations for products before I ordered again. The products I currently use are:

Soap: 1Z Einszett Perls Shampoo
Wheel cleaner: P21s Wheel Gel
Wax / detailer: 1Z Einszett Spray Wax
Interior: 1Z Einszett ****pit Premium
Leather: Lexol

On top of what I use, I'm also looking for some help with wheel cleaning. I was very lazy with wheel cleaning for a month or two and now have some spots on the rim that will not seem to come off even with some elbow grease. What is the best product to remove these deposits (thinking clay bar perhaps) and what is the best product to use to avoid dust sticking in the future? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
The products you're currently using are very good. For the leather, I'd use leatherique process and then maintain with prestine clean.

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...que/Categories

As for the wheels that have stubborn brake dust, are you using the ez detail brush yet? It'll do a great job getting inside the wheels. Depending on what wheels you have, you can also try P21S Polishing Soap...it works wonders on brake dust. Then seal the wheels with Rejex and the wheels will look great and will be easy to clean as well.

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...tail%2C/Detail

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...p-metal/Detail

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...-polish/Detail