Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Clean Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 09:26 PM
bogart101 is just really nicebogart101 is just really nicebogart101 is just really nicebogart101 is just really nice
Clean Wheels

Just thought I'd post up a few pics of my wheel cleaning excercise with thanks to Moe. 've been peppering him with texts and phone calls on a series Just a quick example of his knowledge in action.

I used P21s Gel, pressure washed, then 3m general purpose adhesive remover to clean up the tar and old wheel weight reminants. Rinsed and dryed then polished with rejex and finished the rubber with einszett vinyl-rubber care.

Thanks again Moe. Next step is to try out the FLEX and menzerna polishes.

Attached Images   
Old 09-28-2010, 10:22 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
Nicely done. Just like the pros..

Old 09-29-2010, 01:29 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Great job! Can't wait to see how the rest of the car will look when complete. Keep us posted on everything.

Old 09-29-2010, 02:42 PM
kaotic504 has a spectacular aura aboutkaotic504 has a spectacular aura aboutkaotic504 has a spectacular aura about
i have a brand new bottle of P21S gel, from the P21S Deluxe detailing kit, but i'm not sure how to use it. i've read that some people dilute it. should i use it at full strength or is there a dilution ratio? thanks!

Old 09-29-2010, 02:54 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by kaotic504
i have a brand new bottle of P21S gel, from the P21S Deluxe detailing kit, but i'm not sure how to use it. i've read that some people dilute it. should i use it at full strength or is there a dilution ratio? thanks!
Full strength is fine. Spray, allow to sit for about 2-3 min then clean with brushes, and rinse.

Old 09-29-2010, 07:32 PM
bogart101 is just really nicebogart101 is just really nicebogart101 is just really nicebogart101 is just really nice
Thanks!

No orbital. I actually think i did 2 p21s treatments and pressure wash. Hand polish with Rejex. Very easy!

Originally Posted by 1flossedm3
I use P21s as well. It's a great cleaner. I did the insides of my CCW's and they didn't come out that good. Are you using an orbital to polish the insides of those? If so, what pad?

Came out awesome..

Old 09-29-2010, 07:32 PM
Thanks John!
Originally Posted by detailjohn
Nicely done. Just like the pros..

Old 09-29-2010, 07:35 PM
Thanks Moe!

I will. Appreciate all the assistance. Got my order of other supplies today.

For those of you who havent dealt with Moe I highly recommend it. HUGE knowledge and excellent customer service.

Originally Posted by MoeMistry
Great job! Can't wait to see how the rest of the car will look when complete. Keep us posted on everything.

Old 09-30-2010, 01:26 PM
kaotic504 has a spectacular aura aboutkaotic504 has a spectacular aura aboutkaotic504 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
Full strength is fine. Spray, allow to sit for about 2-3 min then clean with brushes, and rinse.
thanks! i can't wait to try it out then. i'm planning on using it to clean my Sport Design wheels on my CS really well, and then try out that Armor All Wheel Protectant. i hate the brake dust that gets stuck on the front wheels on Porsches.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:13 PM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by kaotic504
thanks! i can't wait to try it out then. i'm planning on using it to clean my Sport Design wheels on my CS really well, and then try out that Armor All Wheel Protectant. i hate the brake dust that gets stuck on the front wheels on Porsches.
I'd stay away from OTC products like Armor All when it comes to higher-end cars. Go with Rejex. Will work better and last longer and it won't harm the wheels.

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...-polish/Detail

Old 09-30-2010, 04:38 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Nice work!

Old 10-01-2010, 09:43 AM
Premium Sponsor
It's great when DIYers take the time and show their passion for caring for their cars. It goes to show, if you have the right products and tools, the right technique, and a little TLC, you too can achieve amazing results. And best of all, you can pat yourself on the back