Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Pronto wash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 02:37 PM
jasont is infamous around these parts
Pronto wash

Does anyone have any experience with pronto wash? www.prontowash.com/usa

They offer car washes here in our office building, and it somehow works without a drain because it only uses about a pint of water per wash.

Any opinions? The cars look great when done and don't appear to get any new scratches, but I am unsure of how you can be gentle enough with that small amount of water.

Old 12-03-2010, 03:26 PM
srt8 is infamous around these parts
GeoWash

Originally Posted by jasont
Does anyone have any experience with pronto wash? www.prontowash.com/usa

They offer car washes here in our office building, and it somehow works without a drain because it only uses about a pint of water per wash.

Any opinions? The cars look great when done and don't appear to get any new scratches, but I am unsure of how you can be gentle enough with that small amount of water.
I tested both and find the GeoWash system much better (www.GeoWash.com)

Old 12-03-2010, 10:34 PM
JoshVette is infamous around these parts
Come on guys, seriously thinking you can safely wash a car with less then a pint of water??? Are we actually having this conversation? Do you like your car?

Sorry but there's no way they can be pre rinsing the dirt off the surface before they wash it with that little amount of water. Think about how much dirt will be rubbed across the finish as they mist and wipe down the car??

You really want to trust your car with that kind of services?? It's your car, do what you want, call me when you're ready to have it all polished out.

Anyone can clean a car, but that doesn't mean they are properly caring for it.

There's always the quick, easy and cheap way of doing things, then there's the right way.

Josh

Last edited by JoshVette; 12-03-2010 at 10:38 PM.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:41 PM
srt8 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JoshVette
Come on guys, seriously thinking you can safely wash a car with less then a pint of water??? Are we actually having this conversation? Do you like your car?

Sorry but there's no way they can be pre rinsing the dirt off the surface before they wash it with that little amount of water. Think about how much dirt will be rubbed across the finish as they mist and wipe down the car??

You really want to trust your car with that kind of services?? It's your car, do what you want, call me when you're ready to have it all polished out.

Anyone can clean a car, but that doesn't mean they are properly caring for it.

There's always the quick, easy and cheap way of doing things, then there's the right way.

Josh
Hi Josh. According to the people of GeoWash the other systems use "brute force", meaning high pressure water, while they use hi tech chemical products to wash with low pressure without scratching.

Actually my car is black, and any swirl mark or scratch would be noticeable.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:10 PM
Jean Claude is infamous around these parts
This was the first video that came up about Geowash on youtube. I won't point out the obvious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoiyhefKPBw

Old 12-05-2010, 12:33 AM
RPGilberts87 is infamous around these parts
This might actually work, if you don't drive your car. Here's some examples. This is a black 2008 Nissan Altima that was detailed 4 months before it came to me. The detailer told them to use Griot's Spray on Car Wash or else the other stuff will strip off the "upgraded polymer sealant".
Here's a 50/50 shot of it

Left side corrected and right side not so much..
This is just showing you what a "waterless" car wash does to your paint.

Old 12-06-2010, 09:47 AM
JoshVette is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by srt8
Hi Josh. According to the people of GeoWash the other systems use "brute force", meaning high pressure water, while they use hi tech chemical products to wash with low pressure without scratching.

Actually my car is black, and any swirl mark or scratch would be noticeable.

That's called marketing my friend. Don't believe something just cause it's in writing.

Josh