Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Considering a "Wrapped" Car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 03:19 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Considering a "Wrapped" Car

I am seriously considering purchasing a car that has been wrapped in matte for the last year and was wondering what the ramifications of having a wrapped car are? For example;
  • Does the wrap do any damage since it's been on there a year?
  • How hard is it to remove the wrap?
  • Washing and maintenance?
Any help would be great. The car is white which is the color I really want but the matte black looks great too. I'm thinking of getting the car, enjoying the wrap and then once bored tear it off and have a whole new car

Old 12-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
NICE. Purchasing a wrapped car can be dangerous. Most wrapped cars are done freehand, which is not a problem for a good installer, but there is certainly a chance that the paint has been cut if the installer is inexperienced. When you peel off the vinyl and the paint has been cut, you can rip a piece of paint or clearcoat right off the car. If done properly, it isn't a problem to peel it off.

John

Old 12-03-2010, 09:17 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Great info to know thanks! Apparently the current owner paid 7500 for the wrap but I'll find out what shop did it as well and do some research. Thanks again

Old 12-22-2010, 08:29 PM
tattoo996 has a spectacular aura abouttattoo996 has a spectacular aura abouttattoo996 has a spectacular aura about
a full spray would run 6k with door jambs, 7500 for wrap is rape

Old 12-23-2010, 01:07 AM
svldvc is a jewel in the roughsvldvc is a jewel in the roughsvldvc is a jewel in the rough
wow 7K!!!
I wann learn how to do it myself!