Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

CR Spotless: Tips for Maximizing Resin?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 10:08 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Greg Nichols
The way I maximize my resin is to use it ONLY for the rinse and stay out of direct sunlight. We have hard water here and I won't get spotting if I work quickly and use DI water in the final rinse.

Also of note, if you use a pressure washer and run DI water through it, you NEED to rinse the PW after you use DI. DI water is caustic on uncoated metal, such as brass which is used in the pumps and fittings. The DI water WILL oxidate the metal if not rinsed.

Some after market fitting in engine bays will oxidate if uncoated from the DI so look around, ask, before you shoot water in the bay.

Cheers,
GREG
Good to know. I had to do some engine work on my kranzle and did notice the brass inside looking orange/brownish. I'm assuming that's what you're talking about. The PW runs like a champ though...might be the synthetic oil

Old 01-18-2011, 07:52 PM
Greg Nichols is infamous around these parts
The oil in the pump won't help protect from DI water. The internals of the pump are brass, ceramic, and various other metals. I use a Triplex pump, Cat pump, other high quality pump. Either way the metal in the pump WILL react with the DI water, so ALways run tap water afterwards...........

I run the water as I clean up the area I just washed the car down in. A quality pump system is expensive so take care of it at all costs.

Cheers,
Greg