Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

my 2cents about Moe Mistry

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 08:31 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
my 2cents about Moe Mistry

To all,
Some of you know me and some don’t. I am out of Northern VA (near DC); I run a little paintprotectionfilm and detailing business locally. I would say I am a decent detailer. However, I have been following the forum closely and have seen some really great detailers here. Some those are on top of their games. I wanted to up my skills and contacted few detailers and qualified them to see who can be a good mentor for me to take it to the next level. After hours of research, I finally decided to make the decision. It was clear Moe Mistry is the BEST in the business. I contacted Moe and told him what my expectations were. He was very kind and generous to take the time to explain few pointers and also offered me the first hand training by him in his newly opened location. It couldn’t get any better than this. I immediately booked my flight to LA from DC to visit him. I took few days off my busy schedule to re-educate myself in the field of Auto Detailing. I arrived in LA on the 9th of February night. The next morning I got up at 6:30am and started to battle the LA crazy traffic. I arrived at the shop at approximately 8:00am. Moe and his crew greeted me and welcomed me to the facility. I walked into the shop which looked like a showroom than a detail shop. What else can be expected from the best?
Anyway, I have worked up multiple tech session’s hours with Moe. We started from ground zero. Moe told me to forget everything I know as he was going to go over his highly efficient methodologies to detail a car. We washed, cleaned the wheels, and dried it using all his top notch tools. DI water, pressure washer, detailing supplies, extra plush microfibers. After the wash came detailing Trinity in action. Although I consider myself a good detailer, I was able to pick up some really helpful hints from Moe and clearly can see why he’s so highly respected in the community. His knowledge about the detailing products and his skills to apply them makes him a Guru in this field. Once we were done with the detailing trinity, we went to work on another car doing paint correction. Moe pulled out all of the pads and let me experiment to show me which had the best results. Using the wool pad to finishing pad to get the optimal result on an old Porsche that I though the paint was beyond help. Finally after 7 hours, I felt I was extremely comfortable with all the process he’s gone over.
I made a trip all the way cross country expecting a lot and I came back with that and some more. Moe is extremely patient and knowledgeable. I am setting up a laundry list to take a look at all the items I need to best my game on this side of the world.
Thanks Moe for all your help and looking forward to visiting you in the future again, when it’s time for a refresher.
Raja

ps. i am ready to do new car prep for my wife's new 11 cayenne that is coming in may

Old 02-25-2011, 08:48 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Thanks!

Raja, it was a pleasure meeting you in person. I had no idea you spoke with other detailers, and chose us as your place of choice. I'm deeply humbled and am glad we met your expectations. I was very impressed with you taking the initiative of coming across country to enhance your skills.

I think we've only scratched the surface of what it takes to become a professional detailer and specialize in high-end automobiles. You should have a good foundation from what you learned from us and what you already knew. This will become an asset to your clients and differentiate you in the marketplace. The one big advice I can give you is constantly keep yourself educated and come up with your own style. There are lots of great detailers out there and more are finally seeing detailing as an art and profession rather than a gig to make some quick cash.

In the last 5 years, with the internet, online video uploading due to greater bandwidth, we can finally sit behind our computer screen, grab a cup of coffee, coke, or beer, and watch countless hours of how-to detailing routines. So many influential detailers, a lot here on 6speed, have put in their 2 cents over the years and we should all be thankful to them and what they've done for our industry. My hats off to all of you for elevating auto detailing to a career. But nothing beats a hands-on tutorial or seminar from someone that takes detailing as a craft and art, rather than a chore. So, I'm glad you got your money's worth and hope it helps you with your business.

Old 02-26-2011, 11:42 AM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
that's awesome! good to hear.

Old 02-27-2011, 08:46 AM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
That is great to hear. Moe is the man!

Old 02-28-2011, 07:22 PM
ProDetail is infamous around these parts
Glad to see you still got it!!

Old 03-01-2011, 08:25 AM
Former Vendor
Dtlng. Dynamics is a jewel in the roughDtlng. Dynamics is a jewel in the roughDtlng. Dynamics is a jewel in the rough
There are very few professional detailers out there who possess the knowledge, enthusiasm and humbleness of Moe. His willingness to teach others is second to none.

And on top of that, he's a great guy to be around.

Matt

Old 03-01-2011, 12:57 PM
HRD SEL is infamous around these parts
Ha! I was expecting a rant, based on the title.

But I wasn't surprised to hear the accolades about Moe. Thanks for sharing!

Old 03-01-2011, 04:00 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dtlng. Dynamics
There are very few professional detailers out there who possess the knowledge, enthusiasm and humbleness of Moe. His willingness to teach others is second to none.

And on top of that, he's a great guy to be around.

Matt
Thanks Matt. I knew when I started out, there weren't too many people I could ask for help or look up to. Anytime I ran into a detailer that was suppose to be good and I'd ask for help, I always felt he was hiding something or there was a sense of competition. I made a promise to myself if I ever got the opportunity to be good enough to teach others, I would help any way I could.

You too have set a great example of how humble you are with your knowledge. I don't think there's ever been a time you held back teaching me about how you do things and giving me pointers when I got stuck on a project. I think we have a responsibility when given the chance to be in the spotlight to help others and put a positive lime light on our craft and industry.

So now, should we all hold hands and sing kumbaya....

Old 03-01-2011, 09:34 PM
INSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to behold
Moe has worked on my last (2) cars, one being a new Lexus LS460 a few years back that he did the complete PDI at the dealership and the second being my latest which is a CLK 63 Black Series. Moe is not only an incredible detailer, he is just a great person and I have no intention of using anyone else unless Moe moves out of my somewhat local area or retires....

Old 03-02-2011, 08:16 AM
Premium Sponsor
Thumbs up Thank you Sir!

Originally Posted by INSman
Moe has worked on my last (2) cars, one being a new Lexus LS460 a few years back that he did the complete PDI at the dealership and the second being my latest which is a CLK 63 Black Series. Moe is not only an incredible detailer, he is just a great person and I have no intention of using anyone else unless Moe moves out of my somewhat local area or retires....
It's great to have clients like you Blane because you simply want the job done right. This allows us to push the envelope when possible and deliver something that meets, or better yet, exceeds your expectations. Thanks for the opportunity.

Old 03-04-2011, 04:31 PM
INSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
It's great to have clients like you Blane because you simply want the job done right. This allows us to push the envelope when possible and deliver something that meets, or better yet, exceeds your expectations. Thanks for the opportunity.
No more true words could be spoken, you are a master in your field...

Old 03-04-2011, 09:54 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Raja ... Great to know that your pursuit for perfection led you to the right person. I too am part of the long list of Moe admirers in this forum. Very nice of you to take time to post your experience with Moe. Thank you Moe for continuing to educate us. I love my Kranzle pressure washer, CR spotless and the air-max dryer. Glad I got it from you. I am lucky in that if I ever wanted to have a tech session... Detailjohn is within a couple of hours drive from my place. He is "my Moe-Jo"

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 03-04-2011 at 10:00 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:00 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Raja ... Great to know that your pursuit for perfection led you to the right person. I too am part of the long list of Moe admirers in this forum. Very nice of you to take time to post your experience with Moe. Thank you Moe for continuing to educate us. I love my Kranzle pressure washer, CR spotless and the air-max dryer. Glad I got it from you. I am lucky in that if I ever wanted to have a tech session... Detailjohn is within a couple of hours drive from my place. He is "my Moe-Jo"
LOL...John and Benjamin are one of the best in the country. I had the pleasure of meeting them at SEMA last year and it was great to hang out with them and talk shop. It was funny because Benjamin and I gave the Sonax rep a run for their money. I knew then I was dealing with fellow OCD patients. Needless to say, the Sonax rep had fun with us and we all ended up trading secrets and tips. That's what's fun about what we do when there's passion and a love for what you do for a living.

What's great is there are lots of guys like me out there. Guys that have been doing this for years, decades, and they don't care about recognition or ego. Those are the guys you want. I have my own little spotlight shining down on me here on 6speed. It's my mission to give credit to all those detailers that do this task as a career and labor of love. It just so happens, quite a few of them hang their hats here on 6speed. That's a huge value-add for all you DIYers. It'll hopefully be inspiration for up-and-coming detailers that are thinking about this as a career. I started detailing back in 1993 and grew up being looked at as a glorified car washer. I think now, after almost 2 decades, detailers like me are being seen as not just another Madison Avenue detailer, rather, an artist that can transform tired and neglected automobiles to their former glory. That's the philosophy I hope, and I'm sure, Raja takes away.

Old 03-05-2011, 08:03 AM
gu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond repute
great guy!he deserve alot of business