Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Metropolitan Detail F430 Matte Black Carbon full vehicle wrap

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 03:49 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
Metropolitan Detail F430 Matte Black Carbon full vehicle wrap

This customer wanted a completely custom look for his F430. This is what we delivered. A complete color change from Grigio Silverstone to flat black with carbon fiber accents and 3M Window Tint. When we got this car a couple of weeks ago we were determined to perform our installation better than any we have ever seen before. If there was a better way to do our installation, we were going to do it. This included removal of interior door panels, front and rear bumpers, headlights, marker lights, emblems, etc. allowing a perfect "wrap".

Here you see the unassuming car getting washed up.

Film is going down

Here you see the side markers BEFORE.

Fresh Tint on the glass.

Wrapping of the door jambs begins.

Hood being wrapped.

Quarter panel getting ready for wrap.

As you can see rear bumper and all taillights removed to ensure a perfect wrap.

LR Quarter wrapped.

Rear bumper going on.

Rear quarter panel done seamless, the way it's supposed to be.

Carbon fiber accent door handle.

Engine vents out to get carbon wrapped.

Carbon fiber rockers.

One piece fenders going on, just like our paint protection film. Seamless, and headlights wrapped.

Carbon fiber going on front bumper inserts.

We decided to wrap lower scoop on front bumper also.

Front bumper getting wrapped off the car for full coverage.

Benjamin installing piece behind seats in 1 piece, no seams.

Front end done.

Our graphic designed made these decals to cover the factory shields to make a truly monochromatic look.

Front stripe going on.

Rear end all done, and stripe installed.

All Finished.

This was definitely one of the most rewarding projects we have done in a long time. The customer was extremely pleased, and we couldn't be happier with the results.

Thanks for looking.

John

Old 03-02-2011, 06:21 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
WOW!!! Tell Benjamin he did an amazing job. It's safe to say...you guys outdid yourself this time. Keep up the good work.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:16 PM
Tito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud of
looks very nice!! I'm not familiar with this type of products, so I'd like to ask a few questions,

1. I've been told that no prep work is necessary prior to applying the wrap,is that true?

2. What are the product manufacturer recommendations on how to care for this type of wrap? ( Matte Black) I assume normal car shampoo and some spray detailer or spray wax?

Old 03-02-2011, 09:38 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
WOW!!! Tell Benjamin he did an amazing job. It's safe to say...you guys outdid yourself this time. Keep up the good work.
Thanks a lot Moe. Coming from you, this means a lot. I'm sure you've seen your fair share of wraps in So. Cal.

Originally Posted by Tito
looks very nice!! I'm not familiar with this type of products, so I'd like to ask a few questions,

1. I've been told that no prep work is necessary prior to applying the wrap,is that true?

2. What are the product manufacturer recommendations on how to care for this type of wrap? ( Matte Black) I assume normal car shampoo and some spray detailer or spray wax?
Thanks Tito. No prep work is absolutely wrong. You don't need to correct the paint before it is installed, but the paint must be thoroughly cleaned and clay barred. 3M doesn't offer any sort of protective product for the film, BUT we sprayed Nanoskin Glass Molecule on the car. This product is sprayed from a paint gun, and the fine atomization allows us to coat the film, and walk away, which is exactly what the film needs. We don't want to polish in any way the film by rubbing on it. The film can be washed with normal car shampoo, but you must be careful to dry car quickly to not get water spots on the film. If you live in an area with hard water, I would recommend picking up a cr spotless from Moe to prevent any water spotting also. I wouldn't recommend a spray wax on the film, as they are all different, and some may leave a white residue.

John

Old 03-03-2011, 05:42 AM
Tito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud of
Thank you Jonh!

Old 03-03-2011, 07:28 AM
Former Vendor
Dtlng. Dynamics is a jewel in the roughDtlng. Dynamics is a jewel in the roughDtlng. Dynamics is a jewel in the rough
That is some seriously professional work - your attention to detail is incredible. Your clients are very lucky to have someone with your talents and high standards. Keep up the great work.

Matt

Old 03-05-2011, 04:49 PM
Former Vendor
Thanks Matt!

Old 03-05-2011, 05:23 PM
imolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of light
your work looks fantastic. nice job! the fake carbon fiber stripe and other bits look a bit gauche but you're just doing what the owner wanted so that's no fault of yours.

Old 03-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Jean Claude is infamous around these parts
Beautiful job John. Always great results when folks take their car to you!

Old 03-05-2011, 11:04 PM
FLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud of
Wow, what a great job. Love the creativity with the CF pieces.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:30 AM
MaximumMD is infamous around these parts
Great job guys!!!!! Some of the best work I have seen!

Old 03-10-2011, 08:20 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Looks great! Did you just wrap the side markers with carbon as well?

I would love to have the nasty red rear markers on back of my Aston covered up as well as the front yellow side markers.

Last edited by DetomasoGTS74; 03-10-2011 at 08:21 PM. Reason: addition