Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Birthday Gift

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 07:28 PM
fairway551 is infamous around these parts
72 -- Buy the CR Spotless. You won't regret it. The fish smell thing is WAY overblown. This is a quality unit that will just about eliminate swirls on your car's finish. Also, you cut your wash time in half. I agree with Moe that the cost works out to a few dollars per wash. In other words - NOTHING. Go for it, and Happy Birthday.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:52 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by fairway551
72 -- Buy the CR Spotless. You won't regret it. The fish smell thing is WAY overblown. This is a quality unit that will just about eliminate swirls on your car's finish. Also, you cut your wash time in half. I agree with Moe that the cost works out to a few dollars per wash. In other words - NOTHING. Go for it, and Happy Birthday.
Well-said

Old 05-17-2011, 12:26 PM
chardonet is infamous around these partschardonet is infamous around these parts
Moe: question re this topic.

Hi Moe:

I will post my question here since the CR Spotless and the "fishy" smell topic is covered in detail here.

I too noticed the distintive smell from the water. I did not use my CR for over 2 months, and I knew that my resin needed replacement soon. I do not empty out the water from the canisters after every use, and so it sat there for that time. I was surprised to see that the output PPM was over 200 from the CR!

So my questions are:
  1. Does leaving water in the CR unit shorten the life of the resin?
  2. Is the only reason you empty the canisters is to minimize the smell and avoid potential algae build-up?
  3. Can valves be retrofitted onto the canisters to facilitate emptying?
I find that unscrewing the canisters are a pain. Also, I am getting lazier, so I don't want to empty out the canisters everytime I use the CR, but I also want to maximize resin life.

Thank you for your input.