Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Birthday Gift

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 05:41 PM
72offsuit is a jewel in the rough72offsuit is a jewel in the rough72offsuit is a jewel in the rough
Wink Birthday Gift

Ok my birthday is coming up and wife wants to get me something for my car:

Own a Porter Cable, metro blower, metro vac and have plenty of wax and supplies. Wash my car weekly.
No real budget since she is spending my $$$, lol

So what should I get?

Old 03-05-2011, 06:01 PM
Dan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura about
CR Spotless.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:28 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dan1
CR Spotless.
+1...great call Dan. CR will be your best friend and you'll wonder how you ever washed your car without it. It is a water de-ionization filter that allows your water to be pure and have no water spots. Great addition to your detailing war chest.

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...High%2C/Detail

Get the DIC-20...best value and mobile for around the house as well.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:38 AM
72offsuit is a jewel in the rough72offsuit is a jewel in the rough72offsuit is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
+1...great call Dan. CR will be your best friend and you'll wonder how you ever washed your car without it. It is a water de-ionization filter that allows your water to be pure and have no water spots. Great addition to your detailing war chest.

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...High%2C/Detail

Get the DIC-20...best value and mobile for around the house as well.
Ok questions:
Is this just for final rinse or through out wash process?
If through out wash process can it be hooked up to pressure washer?
If yes to pressure washer what about foam gun, I use Gilmour on regular hose now?

Old 03-06-2011, 10:17 AM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
Do you have a clear bra on it?

Old 03-06-2011, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by detailjohn
Do you have a clear bra on it?
Yes, I do.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:59 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 72offsuit
Ok questions:
Is this just for final rinse or through out wash process?
If through out wash process can it be hooked up to pressure washer?
If yes to pressure washer what about foam gun, I use Gilmour on regular hose now?
If you have a pressure washer, then use it throughout the process. You'll use much less water and won't have to worry about spotting.

You can use it with a foam gun as well...you'll need much less soap since it's pure water.

Old 03-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
If you have a pressure washer, then use it throughout the process. You'll use much less water and won't have to worry about spotting.

You can use it with a foam gun as well...you'll need much less soap since it's pure water.
Ok so how would the Gilmour go into the pressure washer?

I don't a pressure washer but was thinking of a complete set up:

Pressure washer
CR spotless
Foam gun

How would this all go together and what products would work together?

Water supply > CR spotless > Pressure washer > Foam gun ????

Old 03-06-2011, 11:58 AM
Boltz. is infamous around these parts
CR spotless works well when you have fresh media in the unit. As you use water and depending on the TDS in your local water supply, the TDS passing the filter will continue to go up until it is useless. The media is very expensive and also (especially if you use a powerwasher) makes the water smell like warm raw fish. If you don't use much water and don't wash too many cars per week you might really enjoy it.

It might be beneficial to check with the city (or test yourself) the TDS of your tap water. The higher the number the faster you will go through the media.

TDS = total dissolved solids.

-Justin Rush

Old 03-06-2011, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by Boltz.
CR spotless works well when you have fresh media in the unit. As you use water and depending on the TDS in your local water supply, the TDS passing the filter will continue to go up until it is useless. The media is very expensive and also (especially if you use a powerwasher) makes the water smell like warm raw fish. If you don't use much water and don't wash too many cars per week you might really enjoy it.

It might be beneficial to check with the city (or test yourself) the TDS of your tap water. The higher the number the faster you will go through the media.

-Justin Rush
Wow warm raw fish, pass.

Old 03-06-2011, 03:44 PM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by Boltz.

-Justin Rush
The resin is not that expensive if you buy it in our bulk bagged version. Using your 6speed promo code, i think it's about $70 /refill. That'll usually do about 20-40 washes depending on if you're using a pressure washer or not. We use about 5 gallon per wash using our pressure washer and have a 420ppm going in: roughly 200 gallons of output based on that input. So that's about $3.50 a wash. Not bad.

If you get the fishy smell, it's probably because you're not running enough water through the system. How often do you use the CR? If not used for more than a few weeks, it's good to take the resin cartridge out of the unit. Or, just flow some fresh water every week so you don't have stagnant water in the system that can form algae and shorten resin life or get that fishy smell. Another reason for the fishy smell is if the resin is exhausted.

Hope this helps avoid the smell.

Old 03-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by 72offsuit
Ok so how would the Gilmour go into the pressure washer?

I don't a pressure washer but was thinking of a complete set up:

Pressure washer
CR spotless
Foam gun

How would this all go together and what products would work together?

Water supply > CR spotless > Pressure washer > Foam gun ????
You can buy an inexpensive pressure washer from lowes or home depot for around $150. It'll last a few years, then need replacing. If you want something well built and have the budget, get a kranzle:

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...zle/Categories

You can purchase a foamer for the pressure washer or use the existing foam feature that comes with most pressure washers. Hope this helps.

Old 03-06-2011, 04:00 PM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
I got the CR Spotless system as a gift about a year ago. It is hands down the best detail toy available! Period. I wish I had it years ago. Totally transforms washing your car and makes it a pleasurable experience as you no longer need to worry about getting the car out of the sun and drying it quickly. For me it has totally worked as advertised. No fishy smell here at all.

Adam

Old 03-06-2011, 06:47 PM
Dan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura about
No fish smell here either. Dont have single complaint about the system at all. Definitely worth the price.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:08 AM
Premium Sponsor
Ya...the CR is pretty much a bullet-proof and effective unit. Not much can go wrong. I do get the fishy smell once in a while; so it's not unheard of. But that's my sign that the resin needs replacing. Doesn't happen too often though. Just gotta pay attention to the meter.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Birthday Gift