Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

How to properly care for vinyl wraps?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 03:12 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
How to properly care for vinyl wraps?

Hey guys,

My GT-R is wrapped in matte white. What's the best way to maintain the wrap? Should I use only soap and water, or are there products available that are specifically designed for vinyl wraps?

Any help you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 04-17-2011, 04:15 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
Soap and water are great for washing with a quality sponge, but we recommend to protect the vinyl with Nanoskin SHIELD.
http://www.metropolitandetail.com/ecProduct_139_1

You can simply spray this product on after the car has been washed, let sit about 15 minutes, then wipe down with microfiber towel. This won't leave any residue, or change the look of the film, but will create a superhydrophobic layer that will also protect against water spotting. I hope this helps.

John

Old 04-18-2011, 05:41 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Thanks, John. That's the type of info I was looking for.