Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

My 'Gloss-it' detailing experience - wow!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 09:04 PM
stevepsd is infamous around these parts
My 'Gloss-it' detailing experience - wow!!

I had a upcoming business trip planned in the Las Vegas area and decided that my 'new-to-me' 2010 Porsche Cayenne GTS needed some serious detailing work. There were lots of micro scratches, swirls, etc in its GTS-Red exterior, it looked like it when thru many, many car washes. When it was outside the 'halo' effect of all the scratches were glaring.

I happen to work with someone who was in the auto dealer business in the Las Vegas area for a number of years and his contacts recommended Rich over at Granite Auto Grooming. I took a look at his website and decided to give him a call. He happened to be in the middle of a photo shoot of some of the high-end vehicles he had detailed and would call me back. I spoke with him a few days later and he explained the whole 'Gloss-it' system. I sounded great, so I decided to trust my wife's baby with him (the GTS is really my wifes car, really!).

I showed up bright and early Wednesday morning, and Rich went thru the details of the paint restoration that would be required and how his products work as a system (polymers, carnuaba - all sorts of things) . He did not bad mouth any other products or detailers (which is a sign of confidence in my book), he just said that his products are custom formulated to meet his ideas.

I particularly liked his Dodge Ram and 'vette that has his Gloss-it system applied and had not been touched for 18 months (except for a detailing spray). The gloss was still incredible. He said the best thing is that the maintenance required for his system is simple and reliable and dead nuts easy (I'll find out soon), it sure looked simple enough - spray on the detailing fluid and wipe off with really nice micro-fiber towels.

I picked up the car the next day and WOW, WOW, WOW. The gloss is incredible, the finish is smooth and mar-free. The thing I really like is that finger prints no longer seem to stay on the finish...before the detailing opening the hood or the fuel door would leave big, ugly fingerprints. Not any more. Don't know why, but I'm happy.

I'll see how it holds up to 'dusting' since I live in the desert and the vehicle is garaged, it will still end up with a dusting of dirt on it within a week, especially during the very windy sprint we have had so far. He showed me how to deal with the dust (blow it off, then use his cool dual-layer microfiber towels, and if necessary the detailing spray). I'll see. Using the 'california duster' on my other vehicles has left micro scratches, etc on finish which I hope to avoid. This GTS-Red color just seems to show every defect, hopefully not any more!

Here are a couple of 'after' pics....

Attached Images    

Last edited by stevepsd; 05-20-2011 at 06:13 PM. Reason: edited for content
Old 05-21-2011, 10:02 AM
996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough
WOW is right awesome job...looks amazinggg

Old 05-21-2011, 12:58 PM
stevepsd is infamous around these parts
The Gloss-it system seems to be pretty amazing. I went thru some rain showers/dust storms on the way home for Las Vegas.....for the most part the rain just slid off the car without leaving any marks, streaks, etc. THe back end was pretty dirty, so I used air to blow off most of the muck, then took one of the really nice Gloss-it Yellow microfiber towels and wiped the rest off and then did a very light spray of the Gloss-it detailing spray (someone called this stuff 'Crack for Cars' as it's amazing) and wiped it off. No marks, no streaks, no...nothing. You could not tell that I had just driven thru 30 miles of on/off rain and dust.

So far I'm sold. Gloss-it is great!

Old 05-21-2011, 01:19 PM
Gungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant future
I do not have the waxes that he offers, but I do have the compounds and polishes that he sells and I must say that they are wonderful. He was a great guy to order from and I would not hesitate to buy the items again. I really like the tire dressing that he offers as well. Gives the tires a great deep somewhat matte black. I cannot stand the ultra shine that most dressings give.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:35 AM
Rrkf15c is infamous around these parts
Looks like these guys closed shop in LV.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:50 AM
Rrkf15c is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Rrkf15c
Looks like these guys closed shop in LV.
Correction, Rich is still there, but he's no longer doing details. If you call he'll refer you to one of their trained detailers. I'll update once I hear from him for the Las Vegas 6 speeders.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:43 PM
will175 is infamous around these parts
He is in Florida now. Opened a new bigger shop down there.

Aloha,
Will
Bath Haus LV

Old 01-28-2013, 10:57 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
I want a red pepper.