Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Interior Vacuum Suggestions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 09:37 AM
GBXSport has a spectacular aura aboutGBXSport has a spectacular aura about
Interior Vacuum Suggestions

Looking for a good and small interior vac for under $100. Just need something for a quick interior clean. Came across this on Detailers Domain which looks good: Metropolitan Vac N Go 500w Handheld / Portable Stainless Steel Vacuum Cleaner.

Anyone have any experience with this one?

Any other suggestions? Doesn't need to be as portable as the above.

Just came across this too: Metro VM12500 Vac/Blower - looks like the same as the above except its a blower too. Would this be sufficient to help dry off the car?

Thanks guys!

Last edited by GBXSport; 06-12-2011 at 09:44 AM.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:19 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Go with this one:

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/4-Gallon-Vac/EN/index.htm

You can get at any home depot

For the size, packs a lot of power. We have 2.

Old 06-12-2011, 01:03 PM
cesmorris has a spectacular aura aboutcesmorris has a spectacular aura aboutcesmorris has a spectacular aura about
Good thread. Looking for same with my %#!¥ black mats!

Old 06-12-2011, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
Go with this one:

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/4-Gallon-Vac/EN/index.htm

You can get at any home depot

For the size, packs a lot of power. We have 2.
i guess 5hp beats .75hp any day. And i don't need anything that portable. Thanks Moe! I'll go check this out at home depot!

And, FYI to everyone, looks like this is the new model that replaced the one Moe suggested:

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/WD4070-P...c/EN/index.htm

Last edited by GBXSport; 06-12-2011 at 08:08 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:23 AM
TOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by GBXSport
Looking for a good and small interior vac for under $100. Just need something for a quick interior clean. Came across this on Detailers Domain which looks good: Metropolitan Vac N Go 500w Handheld / Portable Stainless Steel Vacuum Cleaner.

Anyone have any experience with this one?

Any other suggestions? Doesn't need to be as portable as the above.

Just came across this too: Metro VM12500 Vac/Blower - looks like the same as the above except its a blower too. Would this be sufficient to help dry off the car?

Thanks guys!
Those are the two vacuums I've used for about ten years, the blower can be used to dry the paint (or the carpets)

FWIW - suction is measured in inches of water guage (ins.wg.) and the Metro suction is 100 ins.wg. (it sucks

Last edited by TOGWT; 06-14-2011 at 02:42 AM.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:09 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GBXSport
i guess 5hp beats .75hp any day. And i don't need anything that portable. Thanks Moe! I'll go check this out at home depot!

And, FYI to everyone, looks like this is the new model that replaced the one Moe suggested:

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/WD4070-P...c/EN/index.htm
That's what I meant...sorry for the mis-information. 4070 is the one we have and it's great. You can also get an auto detailing kit for it at home depot...a must have IMHO.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:30 AM
Originally Posted by TOGWT
Those are the two vacuums I've used for about ten years, the blower can be used to dry the paint (or the carpets)

FWIW - suction is measured in inches of water guage (ins.wg.) and the Metro suction is 100 ins.wg. (it sucks
Wait, so you have the Metro or the ridgid? Is the metro 500 watt sufficient for interior vaccuming?

Old 06-15-2011, 09:08 AM
TOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to behold
Metropolitan Vacuums

Weighing in at less than 3 pounds and only 16 inches long, the weight and size belies its hefty suction and near-indestructible build quality. 100% made in the USA, the Metro Vac N Go 500 features an all steel outer shell with a sexy Stainless Steel finish. Inside, a commercial grade, 500 watt motor sucks up dirt and debris in one quick pass. Pound for pound this is the most powerful hand held Vac on the planet capable of 55+ ins. wg.(water lift)

The Vac N' Blo Pro Vacuum is flat out the finest automotive detailing vacuum cleaner in the industry. In fact, it's the most powerful portable vacuum made. It is equally well suited for home, boat, and RV use for cleaning everything from computer keyboards to that hard-to-clean space between the console and the front seats.

It packs a 4.0 peak horsepower motor in a canister under 18 inches long and 7 inches in diameter. Despite its diminutive size, it sucks up (95 ins. Wg. 4.0 Peak Horsepower) all manner of dirt, dust, debris, shavings and litter with a vengeance.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:03 AM
I'm going to give the Metro a try. $52 on amazon...can't beat that! I'll let everyone know how i like it. Thanks guys!