Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Best cleaner for your clear bra

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 10:11 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Best cleaner for your clear bra

The best cleaner for your clear bra can be found in your bathroom!

Try a 50/50 mix of diluted isopropl alcohol. It removes any light scratches and marks from your clear bra. Works wonders! Don't rub into it. Just let the solution work and wipe it off with some detailer spray.

Old 07-04-2011, 03:19 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by djantlive
The best cleaner for your clear bra can be found in your bathroom!

Try a 50/50 mix of diluted isopropl alcohol. It removes any light scratches and marks from your clear bra. Works wonders! Don't rub into it. Just let the solution work and wipe it off with some detailer spray.
Hmmm...gotta give that a try. How did you hear about this and how long have you been doing it? Very interesting.

Old 07-04-2011, 06:07 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
Hmmm...gotta give that a try. How did you hear about this and how long have you been doing it? Very interesting.
Hi Moe,

I read it on the forums. Never had to do it until today. I noticed a bunch of light scratches, saps on the clear bra. Was thinking about redoing the clear bra. Tried this and it worked like magic. I was very careful not to leave the alcohol on the clear bra too long. Always spray it down with detailer spray and wipe it off lightly. Works great on edges of the clear bra too!

Old 07-04-2011, 07:31 PM
HTP
HTP is infamous around these parts
This IS NOT a good idea for all clear bras. In fact alchohol will ruin Ventureshield... so do not use it unless your installer tells you its ok. Alchohol is ok for 3M and does as you state but all films are different and have a different top coat material. I have seen numerous people ruin the finish on their film because they did this. Always best to ask the installer for your particulr film.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the info. I believe mine is a venture shield actually. No problem

Old 07-05-2011, 12:17 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
thanks so muc....very good to know....

Old 07-05-2011, 06:22 AM
HTP
HTP is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by djantlive
Thanks for the info. I believe mine is a venture shield actually. No problem
Well happy it worked for you. I am a VentureShield installer and have seen isopropyl alchohol ruin a lot of film. Its a great solution for 3M but VentureShield will dull very quickly as it takes the finish off the film.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:31 AM
Diluting the alcohol and not leaving it on for long maybe why it worked for me. If any one else tries this, may be make it 30% alcohol and 70% to start, just to be safe.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:17 PM
howardnew is infamous around these parts
I had a clear bra applied to my gt3 last year. I got some large rubber scuffs on it from track use. I have tried the rubber remover product from premier film but does not seem to help removing at all. I have contemplated trying plexus I have read about. Any thoughts on getting the bra clean? Worth trying the alcohol or is this only good for minor cleaning?

Old 07-07-2011, 12:49 AM
i would try the alcohol. it is by far the best product on clear bra i've tried. plexus is good for cleaning and protecting. i doubt it'll remove the rubber marks.

but when u try the alcohol, dilute it to 30% and get it off within a minute. just to be safe.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:45 AM
Former Vendor
Dtlng. Dynamics is a jewel in the roughDtlng. Dynamics is a jewel in the roughDtlng. Dynamics is a jewel in the rough
There is one thing that everyone should remember, "paint protection film", PPF, clear bra, car condom or any other name is not just one product. It is a family of products, all designed for basically the same purpose, but all different in their characteristics. Just think of them as children, all with different personalities. What may work with one, will not with another.

Over the last 11 years, we have tried probably all the films that were marketed (some are not even around anymore-i.e. Ricochet). The one thing learned is how different each one is in their method of application, adhesion properties, resistance to contamination, etc. I presently have (4) different PPF's on my personal M5 as a real-life testbed.

My point is, when asking a question about the PPF on your car or offering advice to others, always specify the exact film. There is no one answer that fits all. I have seen many people come to our shop asking us to replace their film after they have done something wrong to their film based on an errand recommendation from someone.

Matt

Old 07-07-2011, 05:16 PM
howardnew is infamous around these parts
Trey,
Not trying to be smart but saw similar claims with product from premier mobile. Bought cleanser and separate tar/rubber remover. Saw nice before and after photos. Neither product worked on the track rubber. Does your product have any satisfaction guarantee?