Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

New Product - Wheel Woolies!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 10:04 AM
Former Vendor
Nick@Autogeek is infamous around these parts
New Product - Wheel Woolies!

Do your wheel barrels look like this? Have you been struggling to find a brush that makes cleaning wheel barrels and other hard to areas a breeze? Well if you ask me, you can never have too broad of a selection for cleaning and maintaining your car. We all know that some wheels (ok, most wheels) can be a hassle to properly clean. The never ending search for the perfect wheel brush continues. With every new wheel and tire care brush and tool introduced, you're one step closer to finding the perfect brush or tool that makes cleaning your wheels that much easier.

We're excited to announce that Wheel Woolies are now available on Autogeek. If you've never heard of a Wheel Woolie, it's a long handle brush that features a super soft lambswool head for safe, effective cleaning of wheel barrels. Primarily designed to clean wheel barrels, you will find a million and one uses for these unique detailing tools. Available in a 3-pack that comes with several different sizes, you'll be sure to find a use for each one.

Wheel Woolies come in a 3-pack that includes a 19", 12", and 8" size. The handles are constructed of durable plastic that's thick enough for a firm grip, but thin enough to aid in cleaning of tight spaces.

Just like you would normally clean a wheel, spray down the entire wheel including the barrel with your favorite wheel cleaner of choice. Ensure wheels are cool to the touch before cleaning.

Dunk a Wheel Woolie in a bucket filled with your favorite wash solution and start scrubbing!

Although natural lambswool is super soft, it's tightly wrapped on the handle to provide the necessary cleaning ability to remove stubborn brake dust and road grime.

The largest Wheel Woolie is 19" long which makes it perfect for scrubbing wheel barrels of wide wheels often found on sports cars.

Use the 12" and the 8" Wheel Woolies to clean tight spots such as in between brake calipers, grills, exhaust pipes, and narrow spoke wheels.

After you finish cleaning the wheel barrels with the Wheel Woolies, clean the face of the wheel using a super soft Boar's Hair 20" Wheel Brush and rinse clean!

To prevent water spots, dry the wheel using a Microfiber All Purpose & Wheel Detailing Towel.

Check out how squeaky clean those wheel barrels are!

Apply your favorite tire dressing and you're finished.

Wheel Woolies make cleaning stubborn wheel barrels quick and easy. The lambswool is soft enough for even the most delicate finishes, but it also has the necessary scrubbing ability to effectively clean wheel barrels and other hard to reach areas.

Work smart, and not hard, with Wheel Woolies.

Old 08-18-2011, 01:34 PM
Slik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm glad someone came out with an improved version of this. I have some black lambswool cleaners, but they are on short handles, which also tend to pull out of the "woolie" when it gets wet. These new ones look far superior. The lambswool heads, even my old short-stick ones, do a much better job on the wheel barrels than the various wheel brushes. Getting around the caliper area is tricky, but I just back the car up a foot or so and get it all!

Old 08-18-2011, 02:33 PM
fairway551 is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up They are GREAT

I've had a set of these for about a year and they are FANTASTIC. I have a set of 21 spoke AMG wheels on my MB and these Woolies are great for cleaning the insides of the wheels and getting behind the calipers.

Old 08-19-2011, 11:59 AM
Tito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud of
Will the shaft fit in a 3/8 cordless drill?

Old 08-20-2011, 09:34 AM
fairway551 is infamous around these parts
Tito - yes, the shaft would fit into a drill - but I wouldn't recommend it. The wool pad is very soft and I would be afraid that the rapid spinning of a drill would tear it up. I've used mine "manually" for over a year with no noticeable wear. It really doesn't take that long to clean your wheels using the woolies. I spray the wheels down with P21 or a similar foaming cleaner, let it dwell for a few minutes, then scrub with the woolies. If your wheels aren't in terrible shape, they'll come clean in just a few minutes each.

Old 08-20-2011, 11:36 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by fairway551
Tito - yes, the shaft would fit into a drill - but I wouldn't recommend it. The wool pad is very soft and I would be afraid that the rapid spinning of a drill would tear it up. I've used mine "manually" for over a year with no noticeable wear. It really doesn't take that long to clean your wheels using the woolies. I spray the wheels down with P21 or a similar foaming cleaner, let it dwell for a few minutes, then scrub with the woolies. If your wheels aren't in terrible shape, they'll come clean in just a few minutes each.
Well said.

Old 08-23-2011, 02:00 PM
bwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to all
OK, OK I just ordered a set. And the drying towels. Enough with the pressure!

Old 08-23-2011, 02:15 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by bwiele
OK, OK I just ordered a set. And the drying towels. Enough with the pressure!

Old 08-23-2011, 07:24 PM
bwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to all
Nick - to make matters worse, I kept reading your posts on other products and calling back to add them to my order. Ask Penny. She'll tell you I called twice and e-mailed after that (because I had instructed her NOT to take another call from me) adding stuff to my order.

Who says Internet marketing doesn't work?

There's gotta be a cure for this.

Old 08-24-2011, 05:53 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by bwiele
Nick - to make matters worse, I kept reading your posts on other products and calling back to add them to my order. Ask Penny. She'll tell you I called twice and e-mailed after that (because I had instructed her NOT to take another call from me) adding stuff to my order.

Who says Internet marketing doesn't work?

There's gotta be a cure for this.
The first step is admitting that caring for your car is no longer a hobby, but an obsession. Welcome to the club!

Old 09-23-2011, 11:53 PM
Banned
cjkai is infamous around these parts
You guys should try CROFTGATEUSA. Please check their website www.croftgateusa.com. for more info, please message me i am their distributor here in canada.

Old 09-24-2011, 10:56 AM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Link to that hoze nozzle!!!

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 09-24-2011, 12:44 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by damon@tirerack
Link to that hoze nozzle!!!
Industrial High Flow Fireman's Nozzle