Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

need a good leather conditioner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 07:09 PM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
need a good leather conditioner

I am looking for a good leather cleaner & conditioner for red leather interior on a 1989 countach... leather is pretty much clean.. but I want to clean it and condition it before the winter comes... need some advice on a good product.. I have tried cheap off the shelf brands on leather interiors of my work trucks, but now I need something for italian leather, dont want to risk a unkown product... thanks guys

Old 10-03-2011, 07:26 PM
randomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to behold
http://www.chemicalguys.com/Auto_Det...oners_s/14.htm

I use the cleaner, conditioner, and sprayable leather from them. all 3 are fantastic products.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:36 PM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
thanks

Old 10-04-2011, 07:40 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by boca996tt
I am looking for a good leather cleaner & conditioner for red leather interior on a 1989 countach... leather is pretty much clean.. but I want to clean it and condition it before the winter comes... need some advice on a good product.. I have tried cheap off the shelf brands on leather interiors of my work trucks, but now I need something for italian leather, dont want to risk a unkown product... thanks guys
A cleaner that was specifically developed for high-end leather is Lumiere. It's gentle, effective, and natural. We use it all the time.

Then use Sonax Leather Foam or Letherique to get the conditioning part.

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...er-Foam/Detail

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...leather/Detail

The laether will have a subtle satin sheen, no shine or greasy mess.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:54 PM
thanks for the info

Old 10-05-2011, 01:42 AM
TOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to behold
Lumiere is a good product choice for natural (non-coated) leather finishes

Old 10-05-2011, 06:58 AM
Matt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud of
I am no pro but I have had really nice results with Leather Masters products. But I am open to trying something new....

Matt

Old 10-05-2011, 08:07 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TOGWT
Lumiere is a good product choice for natural (non-coated) leather finishes
It works well on ALL leather types Jon. It was intended for non-coated higher-end leather, but we've been using it on every car we detail and the end result is the same

Old 10-05-2011, 08:11 AM
RPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to behold
I use gliptone liquid leather.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:05 PM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by RPVantage
I use gliptone liquid leather.
We've tried gliptone as a client requested us to use it in his M5...he loves the smell. We seldom use other products than ones we've found to give us the performance and results we're after. But, we're also always looking for the best product.

With that said, first thing I noticed was the shine and plastic appearance of the leather in the M5...not a natural look to the car. When we began cleaning all the leather surfaces, as soon as our cleaner hit the surface, it began getting milky in appearance. Once we began cleaning the leather with the horse hair brush, and wiped it all off, the towel was sticky and oily. All things we're not use to seeing on a regular basis.

From my experience, and the results we just saw, it seemed that gliptone simply sat on the surface and never penetrated the leather. It took almost 3 hours of cleaning just to get the leather surfaces back to a satin sheen. We advised the client that he needed to bring his car back another time for us to further clean the leather to make sure no product was left on/in the leather.

So, just an FYI and our experience with this product. Like I mentioned before, we're always open to trying new things. In this case, this product did not match up with our end result and expectations. IMHO, the interior of any fine automobile should have a subtle, satin, and clean appearance void of any scent other than the inherent unique scent to each vehicle brand.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:07 AM
TOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
It works well on ALL leather types Jon. It was intended for non-coated higher-end leather, but we've been using it on every car we detail and the end result is the same
Good to know

Old 10-06-2011, 02:08 AM
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
We've tried gliptone as a client requested us to use it in his M5...he loves the smell. We seldom use other products than ones we've found to give us the performance and results we're after. But, we're also always looking for the best product.

With that said, first thing I noticed was the shine and plastic appearance of the leather in the M5...not a natural look to the car. When we began cleaning all the leather surfaces, as soon as our cleaner hit the surface, it began getting milky in appearance. Once we began cleaning the leather with the horse hair brush, and wiped it all off, the towel was sticky and oily. All things we're not use to seeing on a regular basis.

From my experience, and the results we just saw, it seemed that gliptone simply sat on the surface and never penetrated the leather. It took almost 3 hours of cleaning just to get the leather surfaces back to a satin sheen. We advised the client that he needed to bring his car back another time for us to further clean the leather to make sure no product was left on/in the leather.

So, just an FYI and our experience with this product. Like I mentioned before, we're always open to trying new things. In this case, this product did not match up with our end result and expectations. IMHO, the interior of any fine automobile should have a subtle, satin, and clean appearance void of any scent other than the inherent unique scent to each vehicle brand.
I had exactly the same outcome with this product

Old 10-08-2011, 05:02 PM
thanks guys.. I will be putting an order together..

Old 10-25-2011, 10:21 PM
carbonpanamera is infamous around these parts
good luck

Old 10-26-2011, 07:55 AM
Dan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura about
Leather Masters and Leatherique are both good, depending on the type of leather and the condition its in. Haven't tried Lumiere.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: need a good leather conditioner