Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Water-less wash, or bottled car wash, is it safe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 11:48 AM
Linko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura about
Water-less wash, or bottled car wash, is it safe?

Hey everyone,

I love the idea of water-less wash , but i always wonder is safe enough as using mittens with high lube soap to wipe things down . Would it leave scratches?
Whats the proper way to use them? Any type you guys recommend?

Where I stance, I hate luggage the hose, and the big huge bucket of soap all around my car. I'm 4foot guy and I like things simple . I spend more using detailed spray than hosing down my car because it's so much efforts to wash my car. I takes me 1 hour 20 minutes just to wash and waffled down the car in the old fashion way. So that's why i'm considering using water-less wash. My car gets dirty, but at least it's now sitting outside a lot because it's an garage baby .

Old 10-13-2011, 08:22 PM
OTD
OTD is infamous around these parts
I pre-soak the surface with waterless wash and soak fluffy MF towels like DetailersDomains NO Name towel. wash top to bottom like always.

Old 10-14-2011, 02:09 AM
TOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to behold
How does ONR work?

[The polymers in No Rinse have reactive groups that bond and trap dirt particles making the dirt particles virtually non-abrasive. They also bond to oily particles and emulsify them into water.
The latter is equivalent to the cleaning action from soaps which also work by emulsifying oil particles into water. However, with soap there is no interaction with dirt. This is why adding No Rinse to a regular wash also helps protect the paint from dirt particles.
The No Rinse polymers also bond to all automotive surfaces and create a slick surface and act as a barrier to protect paint from marring. That is something that soap will not provide since surfactants in soaps have no affinity for painted or other automotive surfaces.
When you use 1 oz. of No Rinse in 1 or 2 gallons of water for your wash at the molecular level this provides hundreds of billions of polymer molecules to do what was said above. Additional product will not be necessary except if you are using tap water that contains high levels of minerals such as calcium hydroxide or silicates. In these cases some of the polymers will bond to these minerals and take them out of solution therefore more product might be necessary to compensate for this effect. This is another reason why adding No Rinse to regular car wash soap improves the results when using tap water. ]
- David Ghodoussi - Optimum Polymer Technologies

Optimum No Rinse™ videos - http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...00996428313622

Last edited by TOGWT; 10-14-2011 at 02:11 AM.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:45 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
I use no rinse when car is mildly dirty from a drive. If its pretty grimey, I would wash it with hose.

If you like buckets, there is a bucket less wash at auto supply store that makes it easier.

A detailed car wash including wheel cleaning takes me an hour. The rinse less wash takes 20 min without wheel cleaning. Make sure you clean the wheel often so the paint doesn't pit with brake dust ver time.

Old 10-15-2011, 09:07 AM
Linko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura about
Thanks everyone. It seem like these product made mostly for touch wash huh?

Old 10-18-2011, 04:51 PM
Superior Shine is infamous around these parts
Yes a waterless wash can be safe. There are a number of products on the market. Some are great others aren't. I use 5 gallons of waterless product in about a month.

Old 10-19-2011, 04:35 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Superior Shine
Yes a waterless wash can be safe. There are a number of products on the market. Some are great others aren't. I use 5 gallons of waterless product in about a month.
Which product do you use Joe?

Old 10-19-2011, 04:57 PM
Superior Shine is infamous around these parts
CroftgateUSA Aquanil

Old 10-19-2011, 07:46 PM
Thanks guys. Do you carry any waterless wash product, moe?

Old 10-20-2011, 07:12 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Linko4
Thanks guys. Do you carry any waterless wash product, moe?
No. I know Phil does...

Old 10-25-2011, 11:54 AM
-Thanks Moe...
-Everyone I decided to go with CroftGate-USA Aquanil X. I bought a gallon and it's an waterless wash and wax. I saw an fat shipping deal of free shipping over $25. I wish I would see more deals like that... hahahaha

Old 10-25-2011, 10:39 PM
Premium Sponsor
Let us know how you like it

Old 10-26-2011, 05:02 AM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
Couple years ag I used a waterless wash (can't remember brand name). It worked. No problems. I bought large supply and sold a lot of it. Had regular customers who loved it.
I stopped using it because:
1. I'm old skool and missed the freshness of water
2. It was more work, required more elbow grease.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:09 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by ice350
Couple years ag I used a waterless wash (can't remember brand name). It worked. No problems. I bought large supply and sold a lot of it. Had regular customers who loved it.
I stopped using it because:
1. I'm old skool and missed the freshness of water
2. It was more work, required more elbow grease.
+1...as convenient as it might be, IMHO, nothing beats the thorough cleaning of soap and water. I relate it to wiping yourself with baby wipes as opposed to taking a shower

Old 10-26-2011, 07:22 PM
-Moe, I will...
-ice350, I do agree with you on the old fashion shower. Nothing beat our hottie in the showering cold water. How ever, I'm a short driver, 4 foot, lugging the hose back and forward with bucket as well, taken me about an hour and a half. So it might be convenient for me.