Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Should I use Klasse products on a clear bra or not?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 10:33 PM
Berndindallas is infamous around these parts
Should I use Klasse products on a clear bra or not?

The weather is supposed to be nice tomorrow and the car is begging for some attention. I was planning on using Klasse AIO and Sealant on the painted surfaces followed by P21S. Would the detailing gurus recommend using Klasse products (containing petroleum destillates) on the polyurethane clear bra or not? I did a search on the forum and there seem to be a variety of opinions on this ranging from damage to the clear bra to it being safe. Any info is greatly appreciated...

Old 11-05-2011, 12:48 AM
socalbd has a spectacular aura aboutsocalbd has a spectacular aura about
The MFR of my clear bra specifies "Plexus", plastic cleaner protectant & polish. I have a can handy and they recommend a quick wipe and polish every couple of weeks.

Old 11-05-2011, 04:17 AM
TOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to behold
CliffNotes® Version NO

Acrylic polyaminosiloxane or polyethylene-acrylic car care products (Klasse) is an acid-based so there is no cross-linking capability with this technology, however an acrylic acid causes minor etching of the paint, which enables a modified ‘molecular’ bonding with the paint surface.

For these reasons I would not recommend this product for use on paint protection film (PPF)

Old 11-05-2011, 05:10 AM
HTP
HTP is infamous around these parts
I dont recommend any type of product for clear bras with petroleum distillates in it. i give all of my clients a bottle of acrylic sealant with every install so that they ahev the proper product to maintain the clear bra. There are a few shops in here that have heir own as well. Xpel, Speed Shield, and Premier to name a few.

Old 11-05-2011, 06:18 AM
TOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by socalbd
The MFR of my clear bra specifies "Plexus", plastic cleaner protectant & polish. I have a can handy and they recommend a quick wipe and polish every couple of weeks.
(PPF) Film Yellowing

The chemicals within some plastic cleaners can actually be harmful to the film if left on for an extended period of time. Certain propellants within aerosol canisters are responsible for excessively drying out the pores of the clear bra, which then leaves them open to the elements and yellowing.

Plexus tends to yellow just take a look at the white nozzle after some time; it actually turns yellow. It also contains butane, which dries out the micro-pores of the urethane film

Do not use products that contain butane, propane, dyes, or petroleum distillates solvents

Old 11-05-2011, 06:57 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
We were telling clients as far back as 5 years ago to not use Plexus....same with traditional waxes and some polymers and sealants. Unfortunately, there aren't any specific products exclusively designed to protect clear film. We are however, working with a nano wax to see performance on clear film, but I cannot recommend it 100% just yet. So far though, it's the best technology we've ever seen. I just need to make sure its long-term performance is consistent with our expectations. Stay tuned.

Old 11-05-2011, 08:03 AM
I would recommend the following product for paint protection film (clear film )

Premier Protective Films (PF1) Film Cleanse is a non-aerosol product that is designed specifically for the acrylic clear coat of today’s paint protection film. The clear coat on clear bras are very different from the clear coat on cars’ paint today, which is why Premier in early 2008 set out to develop a product that can properly clean paint protection film. The product will not dry out the pores of the film and does not carry any type of polish that can abrade the film. Film Cleanse is a deep cleaner with acrylic resins designed to lift the dirt off the film before cleaning / wiping. The product not only deep cleans, but it also does not strip the film of protective sealants and waxes.

PF1 Crystalline - To properly protect the paint protection film on your car, Crystalline is your solution. PF1 Crystalline assist in protecting the paint protection film (PPF) but it also provides added depth to the film. The product does not contain any dyes that can potentially yellow the clear bra. The design of the nano crystals within Crystalline will bond with the acrylic clear coat of your paint protection film providing a long-lasting protective coating that also adds a deep shine and gloss. Cure time for Crystalline is only 15 minutes vs. some paint sealants to take up to 8 hours to cure. Once the crystals bond to the pores of the film’s clear coat, removal of the residue is easy and does not flake to a powdery form.

PF1-Tire, Tar and Rubber (TTR) - engineered by Premier to assist in removing tough, stubborn markings from paint protection film; this product can safely eliminate tough transfer from clear bras. This has been tested on all major brands of film and has been successful in extracting track rubber, smudges, and colour transfers.

Old 11-05-2011, 09:51 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TOGWT
I would recommend the following product for paint protection film (clear film )

Premier Protective Films (PF1) Film Cleanse is a non-aerosol product that is designed specifically for the acrylic clear coat of today’s paint protection film. The clear coat on clear bras are very different from the clear coat on cars’ paint today, which is why Premier in early 2008 set out to develop a product that can properly clean paint protection film. The product will not dry out the pores of the film and does not carry any type of polish that can abrade the film. Film Cleanse is a deep cleaner with acrylic resins designed to lift the dirt off the film before cleaning / wiping. The product not only deep cleans, but it also does not strip the film of protective sealants and waxes.

PF1 Crystalline - To properly protect the paint protection film on your car, Crystalline is your solution. PF1 Crystalline assist in protecting the paint protection film (PPF) but it also provides added depth to the film. The product does not contain any dyes that can potentially yellow the clear bra. The design of the nano crystals within Crystalline will bond with the acrylic clear coat of your paint protection film providing a long-lasting protective coating that also adds a deep shine and gloss. Cure time for Crystalline is only 15 minutes vs. some paint sealants to take up to 8 hours to cure. Once the crystals bond to the pores of the film’s clear coat, removal of the residue is easy and does not flake to a powdery form.

PF1-Tire, Tar and Rubber (TTR) - engineered by Premier to assist in removing tough, stubborn markings from paint protection film; this product can safely eliminate tough transfer from clear bras. This has been tested on all major brands of film and has been successful in extracting track rubber, smudges, and colour transfers.
Jon, have you tried these products? If so, how was durability and experience.

Old 11-05-2011, 10:05 AM
Berndindallas is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the great info guys. I just remembered that the dealer I bought the car from put Cilajet on the whole car including the clear bra. Do you think that Cilajet paint sealant would mess with the bra? So far after almost 3 month the sealant still looks good and water runs off the car in sheets. Anybody has any experience with that stuff?

Old 11-05-2011, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
Jon, have you tried these products? If so, how was durability and experience.

I don’t think I’ve ever given an unequivocal recommendation for any product, but this may just be a first

Easy to apply and exhibits a better durability than other products I've tried, the TTR worked exceedingly well, my wife like to see just how close she can get to plastic traffic bollards

Last edited by TOGWT; 11-05-2011 at 10:14 AM.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:58 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by TOGWT

I don’t think I’ve ever given an unequivocal recommendation for any product, but this may just be a first

Easy to apply and exhibits a better durability than other products I've tried, the TTR worked exceedingly well, my wife like to see just how close she can get to plastic traffic bollards
The boys at premiere keep forgetting to bring me the product to use and try out. I'll make sure I get some next time I see them and compare it with the nano products.

Old 11-23-2011, 12:52 PM
I just fought some brutal Thanksgiving traffic to get to their shop. I bought the cleaner and sealer. I'll let you know when I use.

Cheers.

Old 11-27-2011, 07:52 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
the funny thing is my sister's Van looks just as good as it did when it was installed. And she does nothing but wash from time to time. Whereas i have seen people who use product x and product z film turn dull.

Old 12-03-2011, 11:06 AM
Used the Premiere Cleanse. Goes on easy and nothing noticeable to report.

The sealant, after, as per instructions, applied with microfiber pad. Goes on a bit thick and a little difficult to work...not crazy, but impossible to work to a consistent thickness. Maybe better on a warm day or dilute with a touch of water or moisten pad first. After removal and hand buff, nothing to report there either. Not a shiny finish like waxed, sort of matte, clean, but not quite as shiny as I'd expect.

Perhaps a detailing spray on top or something else to give bit of a glisten?

Old 06-24-2012, 07:23 PM
Ken7258 is a jewel in the roughKen7258 is a jewel in the roughKen7258 is a jewel in the roughKen7258 is a jewel in the rough
TTR, I will never use again. It removes tar, sap etc, but has dulled the two clear bra's I've put it on. I made the mistake again of using it after a track day and wherever I used it to remove tar makes, it dulled the clear bra. I'm selling a car and will now have to replace the piece that goes on my hood. Stay away!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Should I use Klasse products on a clear bra or not?