Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Paint protection

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2011 | 01:50 PM
|
Sloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of light
Paint protection

I have had many nice cars so far in my life and have a real affection for fine finish work and the gloss of the paint. I have always done my own detailing, including washing often and claying and waxing several times a year. I just love the feel of the paint when applying paste wax by hand and have found great satisfaction in getting that extra gloss from properly cleaning and polishing before a good wax is applied.

The problem is that I hate stone chips almost as bad as I have poor paint quality. I once had a clear film installed on a DB9 and was forever hating my decision due to the poor quality. You could see the orange peel and the seam of the protection applied to the front quarter of the hood and fenders. After about a month I removed it and just put up with the ensuing paint chips.
About three years ago I got a new Porsche and looked on Six Speed to see if someone had seen any other installers that did paint protection did not look so bad. This is when I had my first experience with Premier. http://premiermobilegroup.com/ I did my usual research and talked to them regarding the protection I wanted along with my dislikes of any film protection. Even after looking at a lot of pictures of their work I was still hesitant but finally decided to have them do a custom wrap to my hood, bumper, fenders and lights. They also did the front mirrors. To my delight I had to look closely to find that it was even applied. Now after three years and 24K miles it still looks like new. I even use the same paste wax that I have always used and get the same effect as without the chips. Many people and the dealer have seen my car and wonder why there are no chips after this many miles. After informing others of the wrap they all look to see where it is and I end up showing them the seam over the edge of the hood before they can believe it.

Last week I took position of a new Audi A8. Given my past experience, I called up Premier and to have them do the same to this new large sedan. I was again afraid of seeing that god awful orange peel but felt it was worth a shot. Due to my schedule at the time I had the salesman deliver and pick up the car from their shop. If anyone reading this is as **** as I am about my cars they will understand my feeling of not personally meeting with nice people at Premier and then expecting my car in their presence when picking it up.

As the last time, they were extremely professional over the phone and went over in detail what I was looking for. They then sent me an estimate and I prepaid over the phone for the work to be performed. Due to the size and shape of the front bumper they informed me that they would have to put in a couple of seams but assured me that it would look better than anything I had seen before. The car was delivered to them and they competed the work in the prescribed time.

Upon picking up my car at the dealer I could not find the seams. Maybe I will find them when I detail it but it certainly is not visible upon first inspection. I am not attaching pictures of the finished car because I am not very adapt and doing this and you would not be able to tell that it existed from the pictures. I can't believe just how good they can do this to the point that I can look from the fender to the door panel while using a reflection and still not see the difference.

While not cheap I would strongly recommend them to anyone who would like to keep their new car looking new.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 12-22-2011 at 02:06 PM. Reason: active link to a commercial non-sponsor
Old 12-27-2011 | 09:38 AM
Basic Sponsor
Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !
Thank you Sloopy! It was a pleasure to take care of you once again and great to hear you are happy with the work. Custom work all the way for those very particular to seams!

Sharing our Passion on Youtube: https://urlgeni.us/youtube/Premier

Facebook: https://urlgeni.us/facebook/Premier

42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA. 510-623-1308 sales@premiermobilegroup.com
Old 01-04-2012 | 11:34 AM
Basic Sponsor
Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !
Happy New Year from us at Premier!!!

Sharing our Passion on Youtube: https://urlgeni.us/youtube/Premier

Facebook: https://urlgeni.us/facebook/Premier

42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA. 510-623-1308 sales@premiermobilegroup.com