Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Taking the plunge!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 10:19 AM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Taking the plunge!

I have decided it is time to do more than just give my car a weekly wash.

I have a 2006 C2 w/70,000 miles. There are lots of swirls and other imperfections.

Given that I am a complete noob when it comes to detailing I gave Moe at Glistening Perfection a call. He was extremely patient with me and is setting me up with all the correct tools and guidance to do the job.

I am starting this weekend. I'll post up pictures as I get the chance.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:36 PM
uschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant future
lacrosse- what did you end up buying? I was looking to go the same route, but was waiting to see if Moe was going to be running any spring specials.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:05 AM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Got the advanced polishing kit and the nano paint kit. I already had pH balanced soap, clay and lubricant. Also picked up some quick spray wax and more P21S wheel cleaner.

Old 04-05-2012, 05:06 AM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
lacrosse how bad does the car look.

take a look at the lapis we just did.

a griots machine - meg's d300 and menzerna sf4000 should do the trick.

for the last step pick your wax or sealant of choice.

Porsche 911 Turbo S Cab correction

Old 04-05-2012, 11:47 AM
Hi Phil,

The paint on my car is comparable to the Lapis turbo. Lots of swirls and a few scratches.

The Turbo came out looking great in your pics!

Old 04-05-2012, 01:41 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
sure thing when you look at the thread you will see all the products and tools I used.

call me if you have any questions or email me.

Old 04-06-2012, 05:35 PM
Well just finished up and all I can say is "Wow". The car looks awesome. Did a wash, clay, polish and finished with a spray wax. I cannot believe it is the same car. The paint looks like a mirror. My neighbors commented on how good it looks. My girlfriend loves it!

Thank you, thank you, thank you Moe! I will post up the pictures over the weekend.

Old 04-06-2012, 05:46 PM
drsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by detailersdomain
lacrosse how bad does the car look.

take a look at the lapis we just did.

a griots machine - meg's d300 and menzerna sf4000 should do the trick.

for the last step pick your wax or sealant of choice.

Porsche 911 Turbo S Cab correction
Very nice work!!!

Old 04-06-2012, 10:36 PM
Here are two pictures to illustrate the difference.

Attached Images   
Old 04-06-2012, 10:45 PM
A few more "after" shots.

Once again, thank you Moe and the GP staff!

Attached Images   
Old 04-07-2012, 03:43 PM
Dave's911 is infamous around these parts
Your car looks great, good job! You're giving me the confidence to try it myself also.
I always buy my supplies from Moe, guess I need to try some clay and polish next time I order.
Dave.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:32 PM
uschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant future
Nice work lacrosse. I'm going to get in touch with Moe and figure out what to get.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:14 AM
Thanks for the kind words! Moe and his staff really came through and the results are just fantastic. Looking forward to the nano paint protection this weekend!