Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

How in the world do you get your windows streak free??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 06:25 PM
girthboy is infamous around these parts
How in the world do you get your windows streak free??

After washing my car myself, I used Mcguires window (non-ammonia) cleaner and wiped my windows with paper towels, then with a microfiber cloth. I STILL have smears all over my windows! I even tried windex and still , to no avail. They are heavily tinted. But when I take it to the car wash , the windows come out pristine. What am I doing wrong? thanks

Old 05-01-2006, 12:51 PM
ImPulSe is a glorious beacon of lightImPulSe is a glorious beacon of lightImPulSe is a glorious beacon of lightImPulSe is a glorious beacon of lightImPulSe is a glorious beacon of lightImPulSe is a glorious beacon of light
Haha! I was going to ask the same question!

I used like 3 different products...

I tried regular paper towels, micro fiber rags, and this special glass material... either way it looks great till night time and there are streaks everywhere!

Its a real pain in the ***... Im 6'2" and its friken hard for me to bed my arm all over the place =\

For the exterior when washing the car I just use regular wax! Haha, literally no streaks and whenever it rains it literally glides off

inside is the *****

Old 05-01-2006, 02:17 PM
ttowsontt is infamous around these parts
use newspaper to clean the windows, no joke it works

Old 05-01-2006, 03:32 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Girthboy, the glass can be one of the easiest areas to clean, provided you have the right technique. At my company, we do a 2-towel method. You fold a microfiber towel in half and spray down one side with glass cleaner. By the way, you could use water if you wanted, glass cleaner gives it the extra sparkle. With the "wet" side that you just sprayed, wipe down your window. Then flip the towel over and wipe it down with the "dry" side. Now use your second clean towel, it's folded in half also, and wipe down for a streak-free, mirror-like finish. This is all assuming you've washed your micro-towels correctly with the right detergent. Lots of times that is 90% of the problem. Your towels aren’t washed or dried correctly when they streak, smear, leave lint behind, or are tough to move. You want to wash your microfibers in warm water using Tide liquid, or similar without bleach or fabric softeners, since liquid doesn't have the grains that might not dissolve all the way. You also want to add an agent that will soften the towels. We use one and we sell it, it works wonders. Finally, dry them in a tumble setting that has no heat. Simply put it on the "fluff" or "no heat" setting and pull them out when they're dry. Hope this helps.

Old 05-01-2006, 09:16 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ttowsontt
I thought newspaper was a no-no? Most of them today use water soluable ink.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 05-01-2006, 11:11 PM
osj911 is infamous around these parts
I usually get great results with I think its Stoners Invisiglass and a clean microfiber cloth.

Old 05-02-2006, 10:40 PM
girthboy is infamous around these parts
thanks a bunch!

Old 05-06-2006, 04:21 AM
Tucker is a splendid one to beholdTucker is a splendid one to beholdTucker is a splendid one to beholdTucker is a splendid one to beholdTucker is a splendid one to beholdTucker is a splendid one to beholdTucker is a splendid one to beholdTucker is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ttowsontt
Yep, that's what I used when I used to have a car and it worked flawlessly

Old 05-09-2006, 04:27 AM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
just curious when are you cleaning the window in direct sunlight or a warm/hot window? Sometimes that can be a problem as well.

Old 05-09-2006, 05:40 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by pyiu
just curious when are you cleaning the window in direct sunlight or a warm/hot window? Sometimes that can be a problem as well.
Yeah, Ive experienced that!

Old 05-11-2006, 03:11 PM
Bill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud of
Sprayway Glass cleaner
Microfiber towel

If really dirty, use 0000 Steel wool with glass cleaner first, then microfiber

Bill

Old 05-12-2006, 09:46 AM
TraderHal is a glorious beacon of lightTraderHal is a glorious beacon of lightTraderHal is a glorious beacon of lightTraderHal is a glorious beacon of lightTraderHal is a glorious beacon of light
newspaper works great