Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

best shine for black car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 01:50 AM
newport996 is infamous around these partsnewport996 is infamous around these parts
best shine for black car?

Ok here is my car....what sthe best, deepest, shiniest, most liquid looking thing I can do (or most likely have done) to the paint? Zymol? Zaino? Rejex?

Old 07-26-2006, 10:48 AM
Former Vendor
Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !
Looks like you got it already.

Old 07-29-2006, 01:11 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
If you want shine, any synthetic will do the trick. I hear lots of good things about P21S, never used it myself. If you want depth and definition, Zymol works great. Just make sure your get their estate glaze line. IMHO, Zymol does a great job of bringing out the hidden depth in the paint and it will last months and months.

Old 07-29-2006, 07:51 PM
ArnGar is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
If you want shine, any synthetic will do the trick. I hear lots of good things about P21S, never used it myself. If you want depth and definition, Zymol works great. Just make sure your get their estate glaze line. IMHO, Zymol does a great job of bringing out the hidden depth in the paint and it will last months and months.

I agree with Moe. He did my car a few weeks ago with Vintage and I never realized how much metallic was in the black paint. I always would get the shine, but not the depth. Now that I see what Moe did, I actully feel that the shine kind of detracts from the paint definition. Thanks Again Moe. Give me a ring when you get back from the islands.

Old 08-12-2006, 01:14 AM
Mitchubishievo is infamous around these parts
Two coats of Clearkote's Red Moose Glaze followed by some Pinnacle Souveran or Zymol Concours does the trick for me.

Old 08-15-2006, 07:27 PM
c4bliss is infamous around these partsc4bliss is infamous around these parts
P21S is fantastic... just tried it after using Zaino for a while. Easy on, easy off and great shine. Best my car has looked in a long while.

Old 08-15-2006, 07:37 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
My **** is mad swirly. I am almost regretting getting a black car.

Old 08-15-2006, 07:38 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
I feel your pain! I used to have a triple black 996 cab.

3M Swirl Mark Remover on a random orbit with red foam pad (I like red because it doesn't cut)
Remove with a microfiber pad again using the random orbit (hand removal is not the same) then
3M Hand Glaze followed by
Pinnacle Soverign Paste
Water buff with dry cloth and light misting from a spray bottle to finish off

You can't beat this combo! I have tried Rejex, Zymol, and Zaino. There is no comparison. You want to remove the swirls, not mask them or fill them in temporarily.

Old 08-15-2006, 07:40 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 2thfixr
I feel your pain! I used to have a triple black 996 cab.

3M Swirl Mark Remover on a random orbit with red foam pad (I like red because it doesn't cut)
Remove with a microfiber pad again using the random orbit (hand removal is not the same) then
3M Hand Glaze followed by
Pinnacle Soverign Paste
Water buff with dry cloth and light misting from a spray bottle to finish off

You can't beat this combo! I have tried Rejex, Zymol, and Zaino. There is no comparison. You want to remove the swirls, not mask them or fill them in temporarily.
My father works for 3M so these are the products I grew up using. I will try your setup as this is my 1st black car. I have always been pretty happy with the 3M stuff. Thanks Robert.

Old 08-15-2006, 08:36 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
I forgot to mention. When you put on the hand glaze, don't worry about putting it on perfect or even. Just get it on because it's an intermediate step. put it on, wipe it off, no buffing or rubbing. Don't need a random orbit for either step. Just hand apply and hand remove as the name suggests.

Same goes for the Pinnacle Soverign. Just get it on nice and even and wipe it off. I would suggest horizontal strokes. Forget what people told you about circular motions. Go along the length of the car doing one panel at a time.

The water buff is the finishing step. Any blotchiness or "oily looking" areas or streaks will be completely gone after this step. It's as simple as spraying on a light mist of water and wiping it off.

You will love the results!

Old 08-15-2006, 08:42 PM
ShimShimHada is infamous around these parts
Zaino FTW!

Old 08-17-2006, 10:20 AM
Eddie has a spectacular aura aboutEddie has a spectacular aura aboutEddie has a spectacular aura about
I am going to to try the 3m steps you laid out 2thflixr, I have been using zaino and have a great depth of color but the swirl marks are still there.

Do I have to clay off the zaino that is on the car before I apply the 3m?

Old 08-17-2006, 02:03 PM
c4bliss is infamous around these partsc4bliss is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Eddie
Do I have to clay off the zaino that is on the car before I apply the 3m?
Wash the car with Dawn really well. Dawn strips off ALL of the wax..

Old 08-19-2006, 10:59 AM
Bill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud of
My process...works flawlessly (NO swirl marks---even under my halogen lamps--after 4+ years on my '02 Turbo)

3M Swirl Mark remover
3M Imperial Hand Glaze or Red Moose Glaze
P21S Polish
P21S Wax

It seems counter-intuitive to use P21s polish after glaze, but the difference in shine is unbelieveable !

P21S was rated highest of any wax in the independent "Wax Test" (only item to score an "A" rating in looks--not even Zaino did this). Zymol scored very poorly.

I am always asked what I use to wax.... a LOT of the appearance is from the prep (3M and P21s polish) but I still go back to P21s wax even after trying Rejex, Nattys Blue, etc.

Works for me. Hope this helps.

Bill

Old 09-03-2006, 10:53 AM
Racer is infamous around these parts
For i would polish with Menzerna after a good wash and clay , if its medium swirled and your paint its a OEM from Factory i would try , an Orange pad with PO91L and finished with
PO85RD on a finishing pad.
If the orange doesnt "work" try a cutting pad with Po91L

Then i would spit shine with Poorboys Nattys Blue and Souveran , take a look at this one

Regards

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: best shine for black car?