Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

the best wax!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 01:31 AM
oneflystud is infamous around these parts
the best wax!!!

whats the best wax, i know best isnt a very good word to describe.But i mean longest lasting and shinest????

Old 10-12-2006, 01:41 AM
kimcheebowl is infamous around these parts
best wax

it's definitely a subjective answer....

however.. based on bonding, purity of wax and so forth, the higher content white carnauba (not the cheaper, lesser quality yellow carnauba) the wax contains, the better it will bond to the paint (assuming it's a clean surface).

That being said.. Zymol Vintage Glazes contain the highest carnauba content, but they can cost you an arm and a leg.

We swear by P21S wax and Menzerna FMJ (polymer sealant). It really depends what kind of finish you are looking for. Waxes have a nice deep glow... synthetic polymers make the paint look wet and brilliant. In addition to this... most waxes will get you 1-2 months of protection with one coat.. Menzerna's FMJ sealant will yield you 6-9 months of protection with one coat.

Some comparisons:

A carnauba finish:

Menzerna FMJ Sealant finishes:

Last edited by kimcheebowl; 10-12-2006 at 02:06 AM.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:01 AM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
+1 for Mezerna

Old 10-13-2006, 01:21 PM
ChrisNJ is infamous around these parts
It really depends what you're looking for. Carnubas will last approximately 6-8 weeks and give a great appearance. Like kimchee said, topping a polymer like fmj w/ a carnuba is a great way to achieve some protection w/ a good shine/wet look. (although i dont think fmj lasts 6-9 months, i'd say more like 4 months, but that depends on vehicle storage conditions) Give some more details on what you're looking for in a wax/finish and we can help more. What color car, how often are you willing to rewax/clean, want more protection or shine, etc.

Old 10-18-2006, 01:42 PM
Racer is infamous around these parts
Carnauba gets a warmer wet look and IMHO a nicer look , the sealant its more
slick but less wet.

The 6/9 months depends if the car is a garage queen , because a everyday car doing 60 miles a day if you get 4/5 months protection is very good

My usual setup for winter is always combining true sealant and after that a carnauba , ex: Carlack Long Life Sealant and Collinite 845 Insulator x 2

Old 10-27-2006, 12:27 AM
AJN334 is infamous around these parts
Menzerna!!

Old 10-27-2006, 01:11 AM
ShimShimHada is infamous around these parts
I guess you could say that Zymol Royale is the "best wax." Try applying wax over sealant, looks great! I prefer Zaino sealants personally.

Old 10-27-2006, 01:52 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Zaino pretects the paint and last 6-12 months if not longer. Nothing like it. It's very afforable and easy to put on as well. Only downside is it lack luster or wet look. You can put wax on top of it to enhance gloss if you want.

Old 10-28-2006, 11:41 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ShimShimHada
I guess you could say that Zymol Royale is the "best wax." Try applying wax over sealant, looks great! I prefer Zaino sealants personally.
Actually, there's now Zymol Solaris. It will soon be released and is suppose to be amazing. I think it will retail for $13.5K...... I'm keeping a gentleman's silence for now

Old 11-03-2006, 06:34 AM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
I've had very good luck with 3M's Perfect It Show Shine wax. Love the stuff.

Old 11-27-2006, 07:30 PM
Racer is infamous around these parts
Im into CG waxes right now , and XXX its great but 5050 from Chemical Guys is just plain AWESOME , IMHO beats Souveran or Zymol to the ground, take a look.

XXX Look after being polished with Menzerna PG, IP and PO85RD

Bmw M6 with 5050 and Cayenne S with XXX , all polished with Menzerna

Old 12-05-2006, 08:10 PM
Turbo955 is infamous around these parts
ZAINO Z2. Throw the rest of that stuff in the trash.

Old 12-28-2006, 10:29 PM
kb798 is infamous around these parts
Don't worry too much about trying to figure out which wax is the BEST because to the average person it'll look just fine. There are different nuances between different waxes that range from from clarity, durability, application, removal, and etc. Carnuba waxes typically give a better look, where as synthetic waxes are made for durability and fillers.

The results that you see above are a product of proper technique and proper setup. The better condition the surface of the car is, the better results you're going to get. You can buy the $10,000 Zymol wax and use it on a poorly prepped car, but using a cheap Meguiar's wax on a swirless and spotless car will always look better. Remember that it's surface preparation that is key in getting the perfect look .

Old 12-29-2006, 09:35 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by kb798
Don't worry too much about trying to figure out which wax is the BEST because to the average person it'll look just fine. There are different nuances between different waxes that range from from clarity, durability, application, removal, and etc. Carnuba waxes typically give a better look, where as synthetic waxes are made for durability and fillers.

The results that you see above are a product of proper technique and proper setup. The better condition the surface of the car is, the better results you're going to get. You can buy the $10,000 Zymol wax and use it on a poorly prepped car, but using a cheap Meguiar's wax on a swirless and spotless car will always look better. Remember that it's surface preparation that is key in getting the perfect look .
Well said...it's all in the prep work. However, if prepped properly, you will notice a difference between a higher quality wax and a cheaper one. But more importantly, it's not the day of the detail that's important. The reason higher quality waxes demand a higher price is due to how the car will look 10, 20, 30 washes later.

Old 12-29-2006, 01:21 PM
PorscheCt33 is infamous around these parts
Turbowax.com

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: the best wax!!!