Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

zymol , p21s, mezerna wax ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 01:36 PM
oneflystud is infamous around these parts
zymol , p21s, mezerna wax ???

i have a white 750 LI. Now i looked into the zymol(they sell it at my bmw dealer) and i also looked into the p21s and the mezerna. I live in chicago and winter is closing in so i would like a wax that looks great wet\ dry. Now i dont know the technical stuff about the synthetic ploymers and so my question is what should i use or combine for best results? I read in another post that synthetic gives you all the shine and zymol gives you the depth etc(zaino , zymol menzenra, p21s) , but i have a white car with a flat finish so it isn't a metallic. So if you fine gentlemen could help me narrow it down to one wax or a combo that would be great.

Old 11-12-2006, 08:55 AM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
oneflystud,

I would say you can't go wrong with any of them, especially if you car is new.

I would clay the car and then polish it and put a coat of your sealant or wax.

If you wash your car on a weekly basis and plan on waxing it monthly go with a carnuba paste wax like P21S.

If you plan on going longer without waxing or washing I would go with sealant.

All the brands are great so you really can't go wrong its just how much time you plan on up keeping your car. Is ease of use a concern?

Old 11-12-2006, 09:44 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
The key is maintanance. You cannot go wrong with any of the products you mentioned. It is crucial to wash weekly if a daily driver. As long as you're washing with a mild, pH balanced soap and applying a carnauba spray wax, you're good to go. I'm partial to zymol as I've been using it for almost ten years. I'd say clay, polish using HD-Cleanse, and wax, Titanium is good, Concours would be better. Then, use Zymol Clear to wash and Field Glaze to spray wax after every wash. It'll get you through the winter.

Old 11-13-2006, 01:31 PM
TCM
TCM is infamous around these parts
I agree witht he above posts. You really cant go wrong with any of the above products. That being said, for Chicago winters I do not think a carnauaba will get you through a season even with a weekly wash. I would use a Synthetic sealant such as Zaino or Klasse and then top that with Zymol Titanium. Wash once a week if you can with a mild soap as said and then spray wax after it is dry. This will get you through and show off the reflection and depth of a pretty white car. Hope this helps.

Old 11-13-2006, 09:21 PM
ChrisNJ is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TCM
That being said, for Chicago winters I do not think a carnauaba will get you through a season even with a weekly wash.
agreed. A carnuba might get you to Christmas if youre lucky Use some good sealants underneath and just use carnubas as a booster.

Old 11-14-2006, 09:54 PM
how would i apply the sealent , is it a spray on or a paste??

Old 11-14-2006, 10:57 PM
TCM
TCM is infamous around these parts
A sealant is appl;ied the same basic way as a wax. Just read the application instructions on whatever you purchase. Hope this helps.

Old 11-15-2006, 04:16 PM
after that i wait for it to dry then hit it with some wax , like zaino, or zymol??

Old 11-15-2006, 04:17 PM
oh tcm by the way the silverstone color on the m5 is really ****

Old 11-15-2006, 05:53 PM
raffi is infamous around these parts
zaino isnt a wax, i think it is more like a sealant.
i found that pricewise the best combo for this sealant topped off with wax combo is klasse sealant glaze then the p21S. you can use multiple coats of the klasse sg, alternatively you can use the klasse all in one if you want a combo cleaner and sealant and top it off with a good caurnuba wax, oneflystud, it looks like you might learn some more info on all this stuff from a detailing forum like autopia.

Old 11-16-2006, 01:28 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
i love klasse, it's so so good.
i always use that and top it off with a nice wax.
time to wash and wax my car.

raja

Old 11-21-2006, 09:26 PM
Livo69 is infamous around these parts
Mezerna topped with Pinnacle Souveran!!!
In my oppinion the best!