Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

a little before and after with menzerna's super intensive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 08:37 PM
kimcheebowl is infamous around these parts
a little before and after with menzerna's super intensive

Let me break it down for you.

Subject: 1996 BMW 328i - Black

Condition of subject: Crappy. This car has been through numerous automatic car washes and has seen the nasty side of the brush at the wash bays on numerous occassions. It's almost a candidate for wet sanding. Enter Menzerna's Super Intensive Polish.

Average Work time per panel: About 1 pass per panel... as opposed to Menzerna's Intensive Polish which usually requires 2 passes. This product dries up quickly, but the work time is significantly shortened. I shaved about 1-2 hrs off my time. Which to me, is well worth the price.

Tools: Makita rotary and Classic Motoring Yellow cutting pad and White light polishing pad and Adam's pad cleaning brush/spur brush

Follow up: All that's left behind (for this subject) is buffer swirls, which I polished out with a Classic Motoring White pad (fine polishing pad) and Menzerna PO106FF. I guess I could have used Final Polish II or PO85RD 22992, but I wanted something with a bit more bite to reduce work time polishing out buffer swirls.

...now the pics

BEFORE

BEFORE AND AFTER COMPARISON AFTER 1 PASS

AFTER A HEAVY CUT... ALL YOU SEE ARE BUFFER SWIRLS WHICH WILL BE POLISHED OUT WITH A FINER POLISH

AFTER PICS... AFTER ALL BUFFER SWIRLS ARE POLISHED AND MENZERNA FMJ IS APPLIED

Old 04-21-2007, 01:12 AM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
wow that is an amazing transformation! Great work.

Old 04-22-2007, 12:07 AM
RCNJ is infamous around these parts
Thats incredible! That car looked like it needed a paint job.

Old 04-22-2007, 02:26 AM
c4bliss is infamous around these partsc4bliss is infamous around these parts
damn! hell of a job there. just thrashed before you started for sure. great work

Old 04-22-2007, 02:29 AM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Man that paint was in BAD shape, gotta love Menzerna! Just out of curiosity, why didn't you just color sand it and start from there? How about some close up pics with the 500 watt light on the paint?

Old 04-24-2007, 02:23 AM
kimcheebowl is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 2thfixr
Man that paint was in BAD shape, gotta love Menzerna! Just out of curiosity, why didn't you just color sand it and start from there? How about some close up pics with the 500 watt light on the paint?
The point was that it didn't need wet sanding, also the light is on the paint.

Old 04-24-2007, 02:27 AM
jox
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Holy swirls batman!! That was one of the worst I've seen.

Nice transformation though Turned out like a new car.