Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Filtration Systems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 12:45 AM
blackctsv is infamous around these parts
Filtration Systems

Anyone use a filitration system for washing their cars? I've been shopping for one at home depot and they have a lot of options. I'm ordering the foamgun from detailers domain and I'm concerned that I'll lose water pressure with the dual filters. Anyone have advice?

Old 08-02-2007, 06:31 AM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
I used a cheap one for rinsing and did not like it.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:35 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Get the CR Spotless system and call it a day. You'll wonder how you did without it. It's a true deionized water filtration system. You do a final rinse with the cr and either air dry or forced air dry using an airmax. The water dries spot free, or close to it.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:36 PM
dan993 is infamous around these parts
I use CRSpotless. This thing works! Rinse with it, no need to dry. Really. I was amazed. In fact, detailers use this sytem (Moe, for example). Google CRSpotless for the website.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:35 PM
blackctsv is infamous around these parts
Moe- You have a PM. Thanks for the info guys!

Old 08-09-2007, 11:51 AM
996garage is infamous around these parts996garage is infamous around these parts
Considering the CRSpotless refills are quite expensive, I'd like to know how much roughly the calculated cost is for each car wash use.

I've been using the Mister Clean Spotfree Autodry which works pretty decent, but the best thing is that the calculated cost is only 70cents per rinse.

But I'm still trying to justify buying the CRSpotless system...

Old 08-09-2007, 06:04 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 996garage
Considering the CRSpotless refills are quite expensive, I'd like to know how much roughly the calculated cost is for each car wash use.

I've been using the Mister Clean Spotfree Autodry which works pretty decent, but the best thing is that the calculated cost is only 70cents per rinse.

But I'm still trying to justify buying the CRSpotless system...
Actually, it really depends on how hard your water is. A Autodry cartridge is about $5-7 dollars. How many gallons do you really think it can provide? The reason it lasts, is because on the final rinse, the nozzle is so small, that the flow is limited.

If you get a TDS meter, you'll be able to calculate how many gallons each CR Spotless sytem can provide. The DIW-20 has a capacity of 0.33 cubic feet.

In my area, the water is excessively hard. Over 550 ppm on my meter. Use the formula 235,000/TDS (550) * 0.33 cubic feet of resin = 141 gallons. At a cost of about $90 per refill, each gallon of deionized water costs me about 65 cents. Average 3-4 gallons for a final rinse...you do the final math. Sure beats etched clear coat from hard water.

Old 08-09-2007, 07:22 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Costco sells the larger CR Spotless for $419.00 This includes a refil resin pack, 50 foot hose, with the cart ($449.00 for just the unit through CR).

I had the smaller unit and while it worked great, I like the convienience the roll-cart adds and not having to worry about changing filters as often with the DIC-20 as well. It is definately worth every penny.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:01 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
I built my own for about $100. It's easy and it works well.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:17 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bbywu
Actually, it really depends on how hard your water is. A Autodry cartridge is about $5-7 dollars. How many gallons do you really think it can provide? The reason it lasts, is because on the final rinse, the nozzle is so small, that the flow is limited.

If you get a TDS meter, you'll be able to calculate how many gallons each CR Spotless sytem can provide. The DIW-20 has a capacity of 0.33 cubic feet.

In my area, the water is excessively hard. Over 550 ppm on my meter. Use the formula 235,000/TDS (550) * 0.33 cubic feet of resin = 141 gallons. At a cost of about $90 per refill, each gallon of deionized water costs me about 65 cents. Average 3-4 gallons for a final rinse...you do the final math. Sure beats etched clear coat from hard water.
Well said Bob. If you get the bulk resin, the cost goes down to $65 a refill for the larger unit. That brings it down to 46 cents per gallon based on your tds reading.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:22 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
blackctsv,

We can get these for you no problem let me know.

Old 08-11-2007, 08:55 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Whoooooooaaaa nellie!!!! Just added a pressure washer to my DIC-20. Washing bliss.

Old 08-14-2007, 09:34 PM
ldc
ldc is a jewel in the roughldc is a jewel in the roughldc is a jewel in the rough
I got the CR spotless system as b-day present in june, cant beleive i hadnt purchased one sooner. I use it to wash and rinse, and end with no water spots whatsoever. My wife bought it from costco online as well, came with extra refill of resin, hoses, nozzles, tds meter. Great unit you cant go wrong with it.

dc