Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Air drying vs towl drying

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 06:24 AM
Confused is infamous around these parts
Air drying vs towl drying

I've heard some guys use a leaf blower or compressed to dry or blow most of the water off.

I know when I towel dry, the towels aren't 100% clean after, meaning there was still some type of soiling still on the car which came off during drying.

Any thoughts on air drying vs towel drying (besides I don't know how to wash a car )?

Old 08-18-2007, 08:55 AM
mld1972us is infamous around these parts
Never heard that before

Old 08-25-2007, 07:52 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Confused
I've heard some guys use a leaf blower or compressed to dry or blow most of the water off.

I know when I towel dry, the towels aren't 100% clean after, meaning there was still some type of soiling still on the car which came off during drying.

Any thoughts on air drying vs towel drying (besides I don't know how to wash a car )?
I ONLY air dry now. I use to use the microfiber drying cloths but tha still would slightly marr the finish. By using a unit called an Airmax, the dual filter motors do all the owrk. It has two motors with A LOT of air power. The air is filtered and warmed for the car's drying pleasure. The result is a finish that is dry, minimized on future swirls, and ready to be driven. Combine that with a DI system and you're set. Leaf blowers are OK but they don't force filtered air and are somewhat loud IMHO.