Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Tips on cleaning leather interior?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 11:26 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by uberpoop
have been holding out a bit to maybe get a detail from you...

I did manage to find zymol treat, also picked up the zymol cleaning product...
well, will contact you after next week as will be out of town.
thx
Sounds great; look forward to hearing from you.

Old 10-01-2007, 11:28 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by EMart
Moe ... Do you have a preference between the Zymol Treat and Einszett Leather Care for grey perforated leather?
Both are excellent conditioners. I cannot vouch for long-term use of the einszett as I recently bagan carrying the line. The zymol Treat will last many months and makes the leather feel soft after a few applications. It's also a natural product. The einszett worked great based on a demo and I was very delighted with the look as well. So, can't go wrong with either one.

Old 10-01-2007, 11:29 AM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
How about dye transfer? My S4 has the silk Nappa interior (a very light grey) and has some black dye transfer from a belt or something...

I've used a few different consumer cleaners (Zymol, Lexol and Meguiars) and a brush and have yet to be able to get it completely removed.

TIA

Old 10-02-2007, 08:13 AM
Grouse is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by lig
How about dye transfer? My S4 has the silk Nappa interior (a very light grey) and has some black dye transfer from a belt or something...

I've used a few different consumer cleaners (Zymol, Lexol and Meguiars) and a brush and have yet to be able to get it completely removed.

TIA
lig i would start with leathers masters ink and stain lifter.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:22 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by lig

TIA
Autoglym Interior Shampoo works well and it's safe. Sometimes the dye-to-dye transfer becomes permanent. Using too harsh of a cleaner may also remove the dye from the leather.

Old 10-02-2007, 04:33 PM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
Thanks for the input, guys!