Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Tips on cleaning leather interior?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 09:47 PM
Cedric is infamous around these parts
Tips on cleaning leather interior?

Guys can you share some tips on how to clean leather on cars?
I used Meguiar's once, but doesn't seem to get me nowhwere, i just sprayed it on the seats, and came back 15 mns later to wipe it off.
Anyone got tips?

Here's some before/after pics i found on another forum.

Old 09-16-2007, 09:39 PM
jjk996 is infamous around these parts
i have the same problem on my leather seat, is there a good leather cleaner that really works without having to take it to a pro?

Old 09-17-2007, 07:35 AM
Confused is infamous around these parts
I used einszett Leather Care "Lederpflege" with success to remove some staining in the head rest where lexol didn't do a thing.

DD has it
http://www.detailersdomain.com/index...PROD&ProdID=40

Old 09-17-2007, 07:54 AM
jaxbch987 is infamous around these parts
for cleaning the leather/interior, try Griots Garage Interior Cleaner. don't let the name fool you, its made to clean leather and does a great job along with the rest of your interior. non-scented. then choose your fav. leather treatment (Griots makes that too).

www.griotsgarage.com

Old 09-17-2007, 08:31 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
To CLEAN the leather, go with Autoglym Interior Shampoo. It's an excellent multi-purpose interior cleaner for carpets, vinyl, and leather. Then condition using a high quality leather conditioner such as zymol Treat or the einszett Leather Care

Old 09-18-2007, 01:33 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MWILENS is infamous around these parts
agree with Moe

I never agree on products but for the interior he is spot on. DJ used it for years and there is no substitute. Great recommendation Moe. I was going to recommend it before but didn't know if it was the proper application.

Old 09-18-2007, 06:35 PM
Grouse is infamous around these parts
by looking at that1/2 and 1/2 i would say the seats were steamed with a highend steamer. If you don't want to drop 1500 on a quality steamer i suggest leather masters soft cleaner, leather vital, and leather protection cream.
Work the soft cleaner into a foam, agitate it against the leather and wipe off.

3 cleaning passes, 2 conditioning, 1 protection.

Old 09-19-2007, 08:47 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MWILENS
I never agree on products but for the interior he is spot on. DJ used it for years and there is no substitute. Great recommendation Moe. I was going to recommend it before but didn't know if it was the proper application.
Thanks. I've been using the product sinc 1997 and haven't switched. Great product.

Old 09-21-2007, 06:58 PM
dm_n_stuff is infamous around these parts
leatherique.

2 part process, takes a little time, but, when done the seats will look as good as new.

I'd post pictures, but I'm a noob, so that will have to wait. I did the gray interior of the '01 Boxster S I bought recently, and the guy who sold it too me didn't recognize the car.

First part in a conditioner, rub in, leave on in hot sun to soak in. then you come back with the cleaner (pristine clean) and the dirt comes out like crazy. There is significant elbow grease involved in the process, but well worth it.

www.leaterique.com I use it on all my cars. It will even revive dried out leather, as long as there are no major cracks in the leather.

I also use it on my Ferrari interior for maintenance. works great for that too.

Old 09-23-2007, 10:38 AM
Jgalt is infamous around these partsJgalt is infamous around these parts
leather

I've found that for an older car, once you have cleaned the leather it really benefits from a repeated treatment that is creamy that you work in by hand. Work oil back in to the leather, and especially the seams, with your fingers. After a half dozen efforts over several weeks the leather really starts to feel like it did when it was new.

Old 09-26-2007, 11:55 AM
saMxp is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the cleaning tips. For conditioning, have any of you guys used the Duragloss #221 Leather Conditioner? It has gone a long way towards making the Nappa Leather in my car feel more soft and supple and is available at your local CarQuest.

Old 09-26-2007, 04:38 PM
uberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond repute
Moe- any shops in particular carry the AutoGlym product you recommended?
I am in North OC.

Thanks

Old 09-26-2007, 05:24 PM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by uberpoop
Moe- any shops in particular carry the AutoGlym product you recommended?
I am in North OC.

Thanks
How about me Please give me a call and I'll get that out to you.

Old 09-28-2007, 06:02 PM
uberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
How about me Please give me a call and I'll get that out to you.
have been holding out a bit to maybe get a detail from you...

I did manage to find zymol treat, also picked up the zymol cleaning product...
well, will contact you after next week as will be out of town.
thx

Old 10-01-2007, 11:14 AM
EMart is infamous around these parts
Moe ... Do you have a preference between the Zymol Treat and Einszett Leather Care for grey perforated leather?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tips on cleaning leather interior?