Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

1995 355 for sale...your thoughts???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 10:28 AM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
1995 355 for sale...your thoughts???

Hey guys,

What are your thoguhts on this car...its year/mileage/condition/color combo/etc?????

Full Link:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...00&cardist=286

(i have no connection with the seller - but i wish i was the buyer! )

Old 10-19-2007, 10:35 AM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
I think that colour is Rosso Rubino...maybe wrong.

Price is slightly high for the mileage/year/coupe, but its the asking price.

Watch out for '95 models...they had leaky valve guides and its a big job $$$ if it hasn't been done....pre-purchase inspection including leak down and compression test are a must.

Old 10-19-2007, 10:37 AM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RufMD
I think that colour is Rosso Rubino...maybe wrong.

Price is slightly high for the mileage/year/coupe, but its the asking price.

Watch out for '95 models...they had leaky valve guides and its a big job $$$ if it hasn't been done....pre-purchase inspection including leak down and compression test are a must.
When you say big money job - what are we talking about? 5 grand? 10 grand? More?

Thanks for the info...i am not close to buying this - but when the GTR hits the streets in the summer/fall of 2008 i will take a look at ALL my options for the 60-70k range (including 996TT's and the 355's)

Old 10-19-2007, 10:48 AM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
When you say big money job - what are we talking about? 5 grand? 10 grand? More?
You could be talking $10K+.

The issues with that model are: valve guides, headers, and cats. If none of this has been done you could be in for a surprise.

So it's critical you know what the prior maintenance is and when it was done.

95 is a good year as it has dual air intakes and it's a bit peppier than later years, but you could be in for a maintenance traet if you go at it blindly. A PPI by a knowledgeable Ferrari person is essential.,

Color is rare and beautiful. It could be Rubino or Fiorano. Hard to tell.

Can't speak to the price as I have been away from 355 pricing for a while as I am a 360 guy.

Could be a nice car as GTB's are not plentiful.

Go slowly and cautiously and you could end up with a nice car.

Check the seat bolsters closely on the driver's side to amke sure the material is ok and not just polished over.

Last edited by Gcalo; 10-19-2007 at 10:51 AM.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by Gcalo
You could be talking $10K+.

The issues with that model are: valve guides, headers, and cats. If none of this has been done you could be in for a surprise.

So it's critical you know what the prior maintenance is and when it was done.

95 is a good year as it has dual air intakes and it's a bit peppier than later years, but you could be in for a maintenance traet if you go at it blindly. A PPI by a knowledgeable Ferrari person is essential.,

Color is rare and beautiful. It could be Rubino or Fiorano. Hard to tell.

Can't speak to the price as I have been away from 355 pricing for a while as I am a 360 guy.

Could be a nice car as GTB's are not plentiful.

Go slowly and cautiously and you could end up with a nice car.
Thanks a lot.

I would certainly have a PPI done if i were to jump into something like this, but like i said its at least a year or so off....like Fall 08 is when ill be looking HARDCORE for a nice sports car.

Again - thanks for the imput.

Old 10-19-2007, 10:57 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
I would rather spend the extra $ and pick something up like this, than have to deal with engine out services that will in the long run will cost you big bucks. I love 355's, but I would not recomend them as a 1st Ferrari.
http://www.ferrarichat.com/ferrariad...roduct=1&cat=2

Old 10-19-2007, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
I would rather spend the extra $ and pick something up like this, than have to deal with engine out services that will in the long run will cost you big bucks. I love 355's, but I would not recomend them as a 1st Ferrari.
http://www.ferrarichat.com/ferrariad...roduct=1&cat=2
I wont argue with you here Luis.....but when u say "spend the extra money" your talking about 40 grand!!!! Where i come from, 40 grand aint extra money - its a TON of money.

60-70k will be my range for a car in the summer....100k is a few years off for sure.....but that 360 is REALLY clean.

Old 10-19-2007, 11:33 AM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
I always love the 355s.

Old 10-19-2007, 11:39 AM
tonyh is infamous around these parts
the colour is actually rosso barchetta and was offered on '95 model 355s.
tbh, there is a lot of misinformation in ferrari world about the valve guides in early 355s-YES , there was a problem with some '94 and '95 cars and i believe some were replaced by fna under warranty. Generally tho unless the car has had issues -usually high oil consumption- by 20 odd thousand miles , the guides are fine. I agree with other guys that a full PPI including compression and leak down tests is ESSENTIAL. As also mentioned, the US market is obsessed by the 30k mile major service so make sure this has been done .
the 355's a fab car but it's showing it's age in terms of build quality and engine out services are very expensive relative to car's value. Have a look here for some general tips and hints. HTH

www.the355.com

Old 10-19-2007, 11:56 AM
tonyh is infamous around these parts
btw, i had a '95 spider for 5 yrs

Old 10-19-2007, 02:12 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
--its at least a year or so off....like Fall 08 is when ill be looking HARDCORE for a nice sports car. Again - thanks for the imput.
If that's the case then forget it for now.

TonyH made good comments as well and he's quite knowledgeable about F Cars too.

The 355 is a fabulous car but it can have "gottya's"!

You have to know what you are examining.

Old 10-19-2007, 02:37 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
I wont argue with you here Luis.....but when u say "spend the extra money" your talking about 40 grand!!!! Where i come from, 40 grand aint extra money - its a TON of money.

60-70k will be my range for a car in the summer....100k is a few years off for sure.....but that 360 is REALLY clean.
$60-$70k = Porsche, 997S (Like the one I am listing for my buddy for $64k), 996 GT3 or 996TT. Unless you have the extra dough laying around I would not recomend a Ferrari. It's hard to flawzzz when it's broken in the garage.

Old 10-19-2007, 10:29 PM
Ritesh is infamous around these parts
Oh that Titanium F360 is spectacular. I like the CS seats ALOT!!! So So beautiful and perfectly optioned.

Old 10-20-2007, 04:28 AM
alkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura about
Im partial to a GTS version. Just think that car looks perfect that way.

Old 10-20-2007, 02:27 PM
Joeskie is a jewel in the roughJoeskie is a jewel in the roughJoeskie is a jewel in the roughJoeskie is a jewel in the rough
I just love the 355.......... FTMFWMF

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1995 355 for sale...your thoughts???