Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458
View Poll Results: Which set would you chose?
Set A (The one's on the Black F430)
44.83%
Set B (The one's on the Red F430)
55.17%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

What rims are these? (F430)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 10:14 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
On the RED

Old 12-25-2007, 10:58 PM
4Thirty is a jewel in the rough4Thirty is a jewel in the rough4Thirty is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by DMod07
Dpe over HRE' trippin... Why devalue your ride.
I was going to add a 3rd poll option hitting on this exact point Poll #3 should have been: "None (Why mess with perfection?)" LooL.... Adding to this I was talking to the dealer this morning; apparantly switching to aftermarket rims would void the warranty (Basically adding anything here would void it: exhaust, filters, bodykit "Big NO!!! on this one in my view too", rims, etc.).... Never happened on any of the other cars I did this too. Is this the same anywhere else? (other than the Ferrari dealer here in Kuwait)

Last edited by 4Thirty; 12-25-2007 at 11:08 PM.
Old 12-25-2007, 11:06 PM
4Thirty is a jewel in the rough4Thirty is a jewel in the rough4Thirty is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for your helpful comments guys

Though still on the fence with whether to purchase them or not... with the dealer telling me it would void the warranty I'm more towards the "I don't think so" on this one... Forgot to add the dealers comment on why not to install them... These are his exact words (translating from Arabic) "Adding aftermarket rims would void the warranty because it would affect the handling, performance, braking, and will have negative side-effects on the car itself in the long-run... therefore we can't continue giving you your original warranty if you do"

Last edited by 4Thirty; 12-25-2007 at 11:11 PM.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:51 AM
lsbe36 is infamous around these parts
Sorry but couldn't you take the wheels off prior to taking the car in for service? How else would they know you have aftermarket wheels?

Old 12-26-2007, 12:57 AM
lsbe36 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Car_Collector
haha i was thinking the same. they look like their just a knock-off company.
Knock off of what?...

The wheels on the Red ferrari aren't a design i've ever seen before offered by another company.

Not to mention, i'm not quite sure whats so original of about a rivetless split 8 spoke design.

if your going to go HRE atleast go with a newer design that hasn't been done before over and over again for the past 2-3 years by other guys...

Like the 790R series:

Old 12-26-2007, 01:36 AM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
What color is your car/calipers?

Old 12-26-2007, 02:42 AM
DarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really nice
These are the best rims for the Ferrari .... Novitec .... Still !HOT! without that cheap aftermarket feel you get with HRE's and others ...

Old 12-26-2007, 03:37 AM
Originally Posted by lsbe36
Sorry but couldn't you take the wheels off prior to taking the car in for service? How else would they know you have aftermarket wheels?
Yeah, I was thinking I could do that... However, I'm in constant contact with people from the dealership someone is bound to find out (still contemplating if it is worth the risk)

Old 12-26-2007, 03:38 AM
Originally Posted by PorscheFanatic
What color is your car/calipers?
^^^ thats the car, calipers and interior are both red

Old 12-26-2007, 03:43 AM
Originally Posted by DarioTexas
These are the best rims for the Ferrari .... Novitec .... Still !HOT! without that cheap aftermarket feel you get with HRE's and others ...
Novitec is a choice too, I e-mailed them and they sent me their price list a few weeks back... Price is on par with others and as you said "It's Novitec!!!" so I know i'm getting Ferrari quality here (although it still voids the warranty )

Old 12-26-2007, 03:45 AM
Originally Posted by lsbe36
Knock off of what?...

The wheels on the Red ferrari aren't a design i've ever seen before offered by another company.

Not to mention, i'm not quite sure whats so original of about a rivetless split 8 spoke design.

if your going to go HRE atleast go with a newer design that hasn't been done before over and over again for the past 2-3 years by other guys...

Like the 790R series:

These look great too.... Nice variety with HRE

Old 12-26-2007, 11:36 AM
Banned
HREMarc is infamous around these parts
While technically what Ferrari is saying and doing is illegal in the US, I dont know how the laws are in Europe and the Middle East. Ferrari dealers here in the U.S. are under the same mandate from F.N.A., it is against the Song-Beverly Act and is very illegal. No manufacturer in the U.S. can void a warranty due to aftermarket parts. They can however refuse a claim if they can prove the failure is a direct result of the aftermarket part.

That is my 2 cents. As far as the wheels go, the 790R series would look great on that car. How about the new 792R and the 795R. Cant go wrong with aggresive 5 spokes on an F-car.

Old 12-26-2007, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by HREMarc
While technically what Ferrari is saying and doing is illegal in the US, I dont know how the laws are in Europe and the Middle East. Ferrari dealers here in the U.S. are under the same mandate from F.N.A., it is against the Song-Beverly Act and is very illegal. No manufacturer in the U.S. can void a warranty due to aftermarket parts. They can however refuse a claim if they can prove the failure is a direct result of the aftermarket part.

That is my 2 cents. As far as the wheels go, the 790R series would look great on that car. How about the new 792R and the 795R. Cant go wrong with aggresive 5 spokes on an F-car.
I'll check on the law's here in Kuwait regarding this matter (haven't had any trouble from other dealers such as Porsche, Cadillac, Dodge, etc.).. it's just this one dealer who is the sole dealer of Ferrari, Bentley, Jaguar, and Bugatti that states this.... I'll check the laws and talk to them and if it's ok with them I'll definately consider a purchase in the near future

Old 12-26-2007, 02:05 PM
msindi is infamous around these parts
Had the same problem choosing between those two for my G
went for the 841R (now 891R) 7-spoke
SET B

Old 12-26-2007, 02:09 PM
jox
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
I voted A because that red lip on option B is seriously the ugliest thing I have ever seen in my life. Having to watch Rosie O'Donnell on Nip/Tuck included.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What rims are these? (F430)