Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Why are there very few F355 Coupes for sale?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 07:02 AM
Nav
Nav is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by emilgh
If you want to spend $250k and get a car that does not need to be maintained, buy a Nissan Pathfinder and send me $210k. I had a 1999 Pathfinder that I drove for 4 year and the only maintenance I did was to check the tire pressures. I put 35k miles a year on the thing and it was indestructible!

ha ha, well said!!

Old 01-31-2008, 01:17 PM
Midcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud of
isn't the interior of the 355 basically exactly the same as the 348?
i remember it being very dated looking with big square vents.
great looking on the outside though

Old 01-31-2008, 01:17 PM
BigJack is infamous around these parts
My friend has a 355, I told him to sell it and pick up another Ferrari....he wont do it

Old 01-31-2008, 11:10 PM
Former Vendor
LARennsport is infamous around these parts
355 is probably one of the last really attractive Ferraris. They made that one look awesome. Few coupes and yes, the maint on them is astronomical. Valve guides, belts, headers....WTF....$30k in service in no time on a higher mileage car.

I hear the 360 is just such a better car...not better looking, just better.

Old 02-01-2008, 08:58 AM
daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !
buy a euro 360 for the same price! if you're gonna drive the car and not use it as an "investment" whats the harm? Same car only cheaper!

Old 02-02-2008, 12:44 AM
Chaseme is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by LARennsport
355 is probably one of the last really attractive Ferraris. They made that one look awesome.

I hear the 360 is just such a better car...not better looking, just better.
Subjective, but yeah, when it comes down to it, the 355 has the classic Ferrari look, yet it is still a fairly modern and capable performer (well...for the average Joe).

That being said, it's been my favorite Ferrari for years.

Old 02-02-2008, 03:59 AM
Mowateriology is infamous around these partsMowateriology is infamous around these parts
the only 'problems' i have had with my 355 are related to the fact that i simply do not take it out as much as i ought to. pretty much the same as my 996 if truth be told.
in fact, i just came back from changing the battery. i will make an effort to make it my gym car or something to make certain that it gets a lot more street time.

it is my opinion that the whole reliability/servicing issue is blown way out of actual proportion when i read about it online.
sure, the parts are ridiculously priced but that's not really saying anything about all european cars. especially in this day and age, with the euro being where it is, i've spent more on my R129s than i did on the Ferrari (3yrs and counting). besides, it's not like you're going to need those parts every single month.

drive and treat it like any other car, because really that's all that it is, and everything is going to be just fine.
of course, not dealing with the dealer's workshop is always a plus. from my experience, the overwhelming majority are a bunch of arrogant a-holes who think working on Ferraris makes them better than those working on any other vehicle.

if you're considering one, definitely do it. but if you start weighing it out against getting a 360, then you're really choosing between two different cars that only have the badge as their main similarity imho.

Old 02-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Trace is infamous around these parts
Thank you all for your comments!

I do not plan to drive the F car at all. Having said, I'm not too worried about the maintenance. My eyes are set on F355, and will continue to look until I find one in white. Of course, my patience can only last for so long. In the event I do not find my F355, let me know if you guys know anyone selling a white F360 (coupe).

Thanks again!
Trace