Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

F430 Novitec Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 01:04 AM
ecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Tuskir
It that case, it will most likely it will be OK. However, you're still taking a risk because if something were to go wrong with the car, Ferrari will not honor the warranty and you'd have to pay for the repairs yourself. The biggest concern I had was the dealer telling you that your warranty will remain intact, which is 100% false. FYI, Novitec Rosso is a German company based in Stetten, they don't even operate in the same country as Ferrari, so saying they are like "AMG" is to Mercedes is deceiving, to say the least.

P.S. Since you already have an LP640, why do you want the Novitec F430 anyway? It won't be any faster than the Lambo, I can guarantee you that much.

hmm..I just called up the dealer after this message to clarify this issue. It was a fault on my part as he clarified that Novitec would provide a 2 year warranty and that the Ferrari warranty would not withstand. Howevr, they will continue to provide me with servicing without any issues. He also says that ant routine inspection would be honoured.
Now with that taken care of,I am in doubt as to get the 656 BHP package or the 707 one.. This is because more power isn't always better + I don't know if the car would handle all the power well.

As per the LP.. I do have that on order but final payment is still to be made.. I wanted to experience the F car first and then a Lambo... So I was thinking that I should get this first and then the Murci SV later next year.. Or may be even later this year..

Old 02-27-2008, 03:51 AM
Lay2Low is infamous around these parts
Well it seems to me that you are pretty well off financially, so I would go ahead with the big Novitec kit. It looks great and sure puts down some good numbers. You are going to have an impressive fleet!! Good luck!

Old 02-27-2008, 04:47 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
ecks, I would save the cash and settle for the LP640 with edo competition parts and tunning.

Old 02-27-2008, 05:34 PM
daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !
To answer you question concerning if it is faster than the enzo or not...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG26PpqGToY

Cheers!

Old 02-27-2008, 08:15 PM
shashi30004 has a spectacular aura aboutshashi30004 has a spectacular aura about
ecks,
The LP640 would be too low for the roads in India. I had a friend who just sold his CGT a few months ago in Mumbai and another who sold his LP in Hyd for the same reason. The standard F430 is higher (about an inch) than the LP or the CGT, so you might do fine with it in the Delhi/Chandigarh areas.
The standard F430 will amaze you with its power. I would try it our first and then later try to upgrade if you want the extra horses.

Best
Shashi
F430
997 TT
AMG S65

Old 02-27-2008, 08:39 PM
ecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to all
Originally Posted by shashi30004
ecks,
The LP640 would be too low for the roads in India. I had a friend who just sold his CGT a few months ago in Mumbai and another who sold his LP in Hyd for the same reason. The standard F430 is higher (about an inch) than the LP or the CGT, so you might do fine with it in the Delhi/Chandigarh areas.
The standard F430 will amaze you with its power. I would try it our first and then later try to upgrade if you want the extra horses.

Best
Shashi
F430
997 TT
AMG S65

Hi Shashi. Yeah that does sound good ... But how did you friend get the CGT in India? Its only made in LHD and those cars can not be imported into India.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:50 PM
shashi30004 has a spectacular aura aboutshashi30004 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ecks
Hi Shashi. Yeah that does sound good ... But how did you friend get the CGT in India? Its only made in LHD and those cars can not be imported into India.
Check the Porsche dealership in Mumbai - its sitting in the dealership for sale!
Yellow CGT. Salman was driving it for a while.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:53 PM
Check the Porsche dealership in Mumbai - its sitting in the dealership for sale!
Yellow CGT. Salman was driving it for a while.

I did check the Mumbai dealership when they had the CGT for "display" there. I asked them specifically if it was for sale and they denied that as they mentioned that LHD cars here in India are only for display purposes or can be imported for a very short period of time.
So, I don't know what you are talking about.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by ecks
I did check the Mumbai dealership when they had the CGT for "display" there. I asked them specifically if it was for sale and they denied that as they mentioned that LHD cars here in India are only for display purposes or can be imported for a very short period of time.
So, I don't know what you are talking about.
I don't know much about importing into India, but know of the Yellow CGT imported into India. I guess the owners had them imported in a manner as to not raise the flags. It was LHD not a RHD.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:16 PM
I don't know much about importing into India, but know of the Yellow CGT imported into India. I guess the owners had them imported in a manner as to not raise the flags. It was LHD not a RHD.

Look Shashi, firstly understand this that I do not have anything against the people who got the CGT in India.

Secondly, there is _no way_ that any LHD car be bought into India without the officials knowing about it. Porsche India doesn't service those cars either. Even if they are bought illegally, they will be tracked down sooner or later.

If you want more clarification :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...age-4-a-4.html
Please see that thread.

I do recall Salman Khan around a yellow CGT in the movie "Partner" .

All in all, the CGT must have been here for either display purpose (which can't be as Porsche Mumbai had the RED CGT on display) or for a limited period of time.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:32 AM
swordsman is infamous around these parts
IMO you should also consider the negative effect on future resell value if you do go with the Novitec kit as the superchargers will most likely wear down the engine in the long run. And regardless of the extended warranty promise from Novitec, potential buyers will probably shy away if the Ferrari factory warranty has been voided.

A stock F430 is already plenty quick and fun to drive!

Old 02-28-2008, 09:51 AM
DynamicMotoring is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by swordsman
IMO you should also consider the negative effect on future resell value if you do go with the Novitec kit as the superchargers will most likely wear down the engine in the long run. And regardless of the extended warranty promise from Novitec, potential buyers will probably shy away if the Ferrari factory warranty has been voided.

A stock F430 is already plenty quick and fun to drive!

You can still find the occasional buyer that will buy the car and not care about warranty. Especially in a country where exotics arent as common. And as long as the kit is properly designed, there should be no problems.

Old 02-29-2008, 05:56 AM
BCS996TT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tuskir
P.S. Since you already have an LP640, why do you want the Novitec F430 anyway? It won't be any faster than the Lambo, I can guarantee you that much.
A novitec 430 would most likely run away from an LP640. The LP640 is a pig with less HP!

Old 02-29-2008, 05:57 AM
BCS996TT is infamous around these parts
maybe novitec will provide the warranty like dinan does for BMW? You should ask Novitec.